We stayed here from 3rd to 14th March 2014. The staff in reception were all very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We had booked a Superior Studio but were upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite, with beautiful views of the beach and sea. The rooms were very clean and serviced daily.
The watersports equipment was a bonus and having sun loungers on the beach right in front of the hotel was really good. We visited a couple of other beaches where we paid 30 dollars for loungers/umbrellas.
We booked a catamaran trip and hire car through the hotel's activities desk and they were very helpful and efficient. We would recommend having a car for a couple of days as the scenery on both the east and west coast is stunning. For local trips we used the bus and some evenings we booked Wayne's taxi. He was very friendly, always on time, and was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport.
Most evenings we went to St. Lawrence Gap where there are plenty of good restaurants and bars and you can pay as little or as much as you want. A trip to Oistins Friday Fish Fry is a must but can also get food there on other nights.
We felt the only let down at Bougainvillea was the service in Lanterns Restaurant. Breakfast was a bit haphazard as to the speed of service and having the table fully laid with crockery. We had lunch one day and waited over an hour for food. I think they seemed under staffed but the food was very good once it arrived. We had one evening meal in the Water's Edge Restaurant and the food was excellent and the waitress was very efficient.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel and a fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish