We just returned from 7 days in paradise. The beach is beautiful though the water at times was rough. If the beach is too rough, one can always use the pool that was kept clean.
One pool for adults only has a swim up bar.
We had a Junior Suite that had a microwave, fridge, hot plate, sofa, table for 2 for dining on the inside and a table for 4 for dining outside, and flat screen TV. There was also a lounger outside also.
For those who would like to have a light meal in the room, there is a supermarket not too far from the hotel where you could pick up fruit, cereal, eggs, milk, bread, lunch meat, and more.
One can have a buffet breakfast or order off the menu every day at Lantern's with eggs cooked to order, fruit, yogurt, toast, English, pastries, jams, jellies, a meat selection, really good Bajan coffee and more. Service is friendly.
We started out in room 5215 and moved to 5419 after one night because there was a crying baby. I'd say 5419 was a bit fresher in appearance than 5215, but both were nice and comfortable.
One might want to rent a car to visit sites and restaurants.
Water's Edge at the hotel is a Tapas restaurant. The food was OK and service left a bit to be desired.
In our opinion the best restaurant was Champers. Make a reservation in advance of your arrival as we weren't able to get a reservation until our 5th night on Barbados. The restaurant is located on a small cliff at waters edge. The sound of the waves added to the dining experience. You could taxi to this restaurant reasonably. We drove.
Next best was Waterside that is located on the water in St. Lawrence Gap. Taxi 10BBD each way ($5 US each way). You could park in the Pablo's parking lot for 10 BBD. Have a drink or dinner at Pablo's and your parking would be free.
Harlequin, though not on the water in St. Lawrence Gap was quite good too. Taxi 10 BBD each way ($5 US each way).
We dined twice at Café Luna (Little Arches Hotel) that is reasonably priced and has a view of the water. Reservations in advance are a must. The only time for sushi is Thursday and Friday.
Disappointing and not worth the ride is L'Azure at The Crane Resort. Pictures make the restaurant appear to be on the water. This is not true. Service was not as good as at the above restaurants, the menu items limited, and a bit pricey for what you get...how about a stale role to start the meal?
For a historic visit to a plantation (dates back to 1658) and wine tasting take a ride out to St. Nicholas Abbey in St. Peter's Parish.
For something out on the water, we went out on the Elegance catamaran that carries only 14 people. One of the snorkel stops takes you over some old wrecks and at the other you see turtles. The third stop is for lunch and serves a really nice Bajan lunch and you can swim. The Captain and crew were fun. Pickup at your hotel, lunch, and open bar is included - $100 US per person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish