I love this place!!! The staff is extremely friendly. The accommodations are fantastic. We had booked a one bedroom unit and it was very spacious and comfortable. We had a full kitchen and even baked a cake! The AC in the bedroom was better than the one in the living room and when we left the door open the whole unit cooled off pretty well.
We had a small issue after the first night there; the AC in the living room stopped working at about 11 PM. We called the front desk and they immediately sent someone over to check it out. Upon examining it they decided they need to bring in an electrician and instead of making us wait in the heat they immediately gave us keys to another unit exactly like ours and helped us relocate our luggage the next morning. This kind of service left me feeling very impressed because I saw that the staff really cared about our comfort! Everyone at the resort was beyond nice and helpful. I was feeling genuinely loved!
The restaurant Lanterns on the Sea was very nice. A little bit pricey but the food was excellent. We alternated eating there and making some food in the room in order to save money to go on excursions.
The resort has a free shuttle service to the supermarket on certain days and if you forget to buy anything or run out of just plainly don't want to go to supermarket they will run an rode for you at the front desk and deliver your groceries the following day!
They also cleaned our room and bathroom everyday!
Also the ladies at the activities sets were very friendly and helped us rent a car for 2 days. The car was delivered within 45 minutes of ordering it which was impressive because we thought we may have to wait until the following day!
Lastly but not least I highly recommend movie night. Even if the movie they are showing may not be your favorite. They set up lounge chairs with soft cushions for you to lay on while watching the movie. The area is set up on a grassed space right by the water under the stars. They also had a great speaker system and offer popcorn and soda for a small price.
I will definitely return here and recommend it to everyone I know. This island and this resort are just heavenly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish