“Absolutely amazing”

Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I love this place!!! The staff is extremely friendly. The accommodations are fantastic. We had booked a one bedroom unit and it was very spacious and comfortable. We had a full kitchen and even baked a cake! The AC in the bedroom was better than the one in the living room and when we left the door open the whole unit cooled off pretty well.
We had a small issue after the first night there; the AC in the living room stopped working at about 11 PM. We called the front desk and they immediately sent someone over to check it out. Upon examining it they decided they need to bring in an electrician and instead of making us wait in the heat they immediately gave us keys to another unit exactly like ours and helped us relocate our luggage the next morning. This kind of service left me feeling very impressed because I saw that the staff really cared about our comfort! Everyone at the resort was beyond nice and helpful. I was feeling genuinely loved!
The restaurant Lanterns on the Sea was very nice. A little bit pricey but the food was excellent. We alternated eating there and making some food in the room in order to save money to go on excursions.
The resort has a free shuttle service to the supermarket on certain days and if you forget to buy anything or run out of just plainly don't want to go to supermarket they will run an rode for you at the front desk and deliver your groceries the following day!
They also cleaned our room and bathroom everyday!
Also the ladies at the activities sets were very friendly and helped us rent a car for 2 days. The car was delivered within 45 minutes of ordering it which was impressive because we thought we may have to wait until the following day!
Lastly but not least I highly recommend movie night. Even if the movie they are showing may not be your favorite. They set up lounge chairs with soft cushions for you to lay on while watching the movie. The area is set up on a grassed space right by the water under the stars. They also had a great speaker system and offer popcorn and soda for a small price.
I will definitely return here and recommend it to everyone I know. This island and this resort are just heavenly!

2  Thank Kiti0315
There are newer reviews for Bougainvillea Beach Resort

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Recently returned from our honeymoon at the Bougainvillea.
This hotel is a gem on the south coast. I have chosen Barbados time and tine again for vacation and it is a home away from home.
This hotel has something special. It is located close to the airport. Situated on a beautiful beach. Most recognized is its fantastic staff to mention Roxanne and Sonya. The food in "lanterns by the Sea" is superb. I usually tend to go to different restaurants while in holidays but I was happy to eat here every night. I am happy that I have found a resort that I will return to again. Small, personal and ticks all my boxes. Well done bougainvillea !

2  Thank Shane G
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just returned from Barbados my family and I stayed at this hotel, the hotel is situated right on Maxwell Beach, amazing, the sand was white with a pink flec in it, the hotel lived up to our expectations and the staff couldn't do enough for you, Jose was great with our little boy and he even took time out to show us the monkeys, the rooms were spotless, and cleaned every day, a big Thankyou to Danelle, Room tip we stayed in 327 ( Blackbird) the views were breathtaking, spent many an evening just sitting there watching & listening to the waves coming in, pure bliss. The island & Bajan people are so friendly, there is so much to see & do, we hired a jeep from Fat Jacks without this we would of missed out on so much, this was our first visit to Barbados, but thanks to this hotel, it won't be our last.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Myself & my partner have just returned from a 10night stay at the Bougainvillea.We booked a junior suite through BA hols.This resort is just the perfect size,easy to get around yet still private enough to relax and chill out.We found the staff to be extremely friendly especially the Bar & Restaurant girls.While the food isn't cheap as mentioned here already but it is goregous and you won't be left wanting!! The rooms are cleaned daily and are a pleasure to return to after long day by the sea which is only minutes from your room door. Having found this Gem on Maxwell beach we will definitely be returning next year!!

1  Thank LeisureGuy32
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've booked this particular hotel because me and my girlfriend didn't want to stay in a hotel where that we would have to leave the property to be at the beach. So, this was not my first choice, and it was not the best price in its category, but this point hit the target, and so we chose it.
When we got there (it was a saturday night), they gave us a warm reception with two welcome drinks, and their guy took our luggage upstairs, since they don't have an elevator.
The room, a Jr. Suite, was great. Nice view of the ocean, big and spacious with a great balcony and fully equiped kitchen (that was important to our stay, because we had breakfast everyday at the balcony!)
The people at the hotel are all great... when you cross someone coming and going they stop and ask how your day is, how you are, if you need something and how your stay is so far. This, for me, was a nice and sincere touch of hospitality that I could found only in countries like Switzerland.
At the beach, the guys from Watersports always were ready to help us with umbrellas, stand up paddles and kayaks. The people at the bar and restaurant also were very very friendly and even helped us with some salt that I need to cook. At the front desk, not different, they helped us with every single doubt, and also did some restaurant reservations for us.
At the last day, we asked for a late checkout, since our flight would leave only at 10pm and we wanted to enjoy the last day at the beach (and the hotel was not full). The girl told me I had to pay 75 dollars (even staying there for one week in one of their best rooms) for the late checkout. I went back to my room a little frustrated, since that would ruin a little bit the amazing stay that I had so far. After 15 minutes, the same lady called my room, said that she spoke with the manager, and that they would gladly give us a complimentary late checkout. So... my perfect experience was saved!!!!
If I had anything to foul at the hotel, that would be the price of food and beverages at the the bar and restaurant, they are quite pricey! But since we had a kitchen and went to the supermarket (which is quite near), that was not a problem whatsoever!
Thank you Bajan people of the Bougainvillea Resort!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view, ocean view, ocean view!!!! And not at ground floor, so you can have some privacy!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank pierodavila
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have stayed at the Bougainvillea on numerous occasions. It still exceeds our expectations!
It is easy to get to from the airport about 15 minutes, we use Doc our knowledgeable friendly taxi driver.However you can use the local bus service, which is easy. The hotel is beautifully maintained and is right on the beach and is about 5 minutes walk from the Gap, yet the hotel is lovely and peaceful. The staff are all great and very friendly. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The food and drinks are reasonably priced and tasty.
We have met a number of people who like us come back at least once a year to this top quality hotel, which to us shows how well the hotel is run. This is due to the sheer professionalism and drive of the General Manager who strives for excellence, and goes out of her way to make sure everyone is happy and has a great holiday. She has even started afternoon tea between 3.00pm-5.00pm and is the only hotel to offer this on the South Coast. The Spa and gym are excellent. We are hoping to return twice next year. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chris E
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed for 12 nights at the Bougainvillea in late August early September. From the moment we arrived felt very relaxed. We had a great room on the ground floor direct access to the pool and beach. It was beautiful having breakfast on the patio in the morning. The staff are very friendly, a mind of information and always smiling. Sonia and Roxanne were great bar staff at the pool bar. Corey was very helpful and the beach and always gave the children prep talk on being safe in the sea :). Our room was very clean and well equipped and felt like it had been recently decorated.
The pools are small but more than adequate. There was always plenty of sun beds available both by the pool and beach. Having been round the island the Bougainvillea does have one of the beaches.
We ate at both restaurants and the food was good. The waters edge was closed from the 1 Sept for refurbishment. Easy access to Oustins, The Gap and Dover Cove all walking distance. We accessed all forms of transport when we there. Bus Tavel easy from main road, car hire cheap and mini vans crowded but a great experience. Would taxi in the evening set prices which is helpful, 20 BDs
Friday Oustins fish fry is must for good food and the Barbadian vibe.
I did speak to reception about the cleanliness of the adult pool and this was addressed the next day. My only criticism would e the bar prices, we would have happily spent more money at the hotel if these ad been slightly more reasonable. We went to the supermarket in Oustins to purchase soft drinks and alcohol.
Great holiday overall and would highly recommend the Bougainvillea.

Room Tip: Ground floor room 5123 deluxe studio excellent gets the sun from sunrise and stone throw from beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
#24 of 51 in Christ Church Parish

Been to Bougainvillea Beach Resort? Share your experiences!