We stayed for 12 nights at the Bougainvillea in late August early September. From the moment we arrived felt very relaxed. We had a great room on the ground floor direct access to the pool and beach. It was beautiful having breakfast on the patio in the morning. The staff are very friendly, a mind of information and always smiling. Sonia and Roxanne were great bar staff at the pool bar. Corey was very helpful and the beach and always gave the children prep talk on being safe in the sea :). Our room was very clean and well equipped and felt like it had been recently decorated.
The pools are small but more than adequate. There was always plenty of sun beds available both by the pool and beach. Having been round the island the Bougainvillea does have one of the beaches.
We ate at both restaurants and the food was good. The waters edge was closed from the 1 Sept for refurbishment. Easy access to Oustins, The Gap and Dover Cove all walking distance. We accessed all forms of transport when we there. Bus Tavel easy from main road, car hire cheap and mini vans crowded but a great experience. Would taxi in the evening set prices which is helpful, 20 BDs
Friday Oustins fish fry is must for good food and the Barbadian vibe.
I did speak to reception about the cleanliness of the adult pool and this was addressed the next day. My only criticism would e the bar prices, we would have happily spent more money at the hotel if these ad been slightly more reasonable. We went to the supermarket in Oustins to purchase soft drinks and alcohol.
Great holiday overall and would highly recommend the Bougainvillea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish