If you're looking for a relaxing, chilled-out, Caribbean holiday beside a beautiful beach, Bougainvillea Beach Resort is unlikely to disappoint.
The nature of the sea and coastline changes dramatically between the eastern Atlantic coast with its dramatic cliff-faces and strong ocean currents and the western Caribbean coast which conforms to more stereotypical expectations with palm-fringed, white-sand beaches and gently lapping waves. The waves on the southern beaches are big enough to satisfy Boogie Boarders but not surfers.
Bougainvillea is a neo-colonial style building situated at the south-west of Barbados, on Maxwell Beach. Accommodation is provided within the main 'old' building and a series of annexes. Our one bedroom apartment with kitchenette provided clean, comfortable and spacious accommodation. We had a large balcony with an ocean view and the resort was thoughtfully designed so all of its excellent amenities were within close proximity to the accommodation.
There are two restaurants on site, both providing good quality, reasonably priced food in attractive surrounds. Service is friendly and occasionally ponderous but this is in keeping with the chilled-out ambience of the location and so, for us, was not a source of annoyance.
The two swimming pools provide the option of a quieter adult environment or a more bustling young-family experience. The pool bar was a popular focal point for the resort community, especially around happy-hour, which occurred daily between 3.30-4.30pm.
A real highlight of our holiday was time spent on the adjoining beach and in the warm, azure water of the Caribbean. The combination of soft white sand, swaying palm trees and lapping waves, allowed for a sensory indulgence and a longing for more.
The modest size of the resort encourages an intimacy with ones surroundings and a familiarity between hotel guests and staff without feeling suffocating. Interactions with staff in all areas of the hotel - including catering, cleaning, maintenance, gardening and reception - were consistently noteworthy for their friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism.
Bougainvillea proved an ideal location for our first visit to the beautiful island of Barbados. We enjoyed a holiday that will love long in the memory and returned home feeling relaxed, energised and planning our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish