Bougainvillea in Barbados is our home away from home. We've spent many, many idyllic summers there with the children but this trip there were lots of high expectations as it was our teenage children’s first Christmas in Barbados. We had booked two weeks over the Christmas period and there were expecting a lot!
My husband and I and the teenagers were literally spoilt, we felt so special. The staff at Bougainvillea was, as usual, extremely attentive and it was their mission for us to have a fabulous time.
We arrived on the 19th December and were pleasantly surprised to see the carol singers is full swing belting out Christmas favorites and the hotel decorated very festively indeed. This set the scene for what was in store over the Christmas holidays and we were not disappointed.
The highlights for us were:-
The annual fashion show which was a great hit with our teenage daughter as she was allowed to strut her stuff down the boardwalk along with other guests and we in the audience were treated to Bajan Christmas cake and drinks.
Christmas day will never be the same again. It was just fantastic, the mood at breakfast that morning in the restaurant was electric as the children all waited for Santa’s arrival and boy did he do it in style. He arrived on the beach to loud steel pan music and an escort of dancers. All the young children received presents from him.
Then there was the New Years Eve extravaganza. The theme was “around the world” and the restaurant and nearby beach was fitting adorned with marquees that depicted various countries and their cuisines. After supper we were treated to a spectacular show and cabaret then the dancing began followed by fireworks at midnight.
Our entire holiday was just brilliant and this was made possible by the very dedicated staff at bougainvillea. We would like to say a special thank you to Leena, Averil and Maggie for making our Christmas so special. Also to all the extremely helpful front desk ladies and housekeeping staff.
Have already started planning our next Christmas there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea Barbados is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, this 100-room resort is well known for its personal touch and service. Featuring Mediterranean style architecture within a tranquil setting of lush gardens and bougainvillea flowers, this resort is just footsteps from the sand and mere minutes from south coast hot spots. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, a well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, non-motorized water sports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea Barbados is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Barbados reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados
- Bougainvillea Barbados Christ Church Parish