We have been coming to Barbados for over 13 years now and for the last 8 have stayed at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort. It's like a home from home for us now. The facilities mean that you have all the benefits of self catering due to the kitchenettes and in each room and a small local grocery store nearby but you also have the backup of a fully functioning hotel.
We usually stay here on a room only basis so that we can take advantage of the numerous great eateries and restaurants in the area and on the island too but understand that full some guests a half board or room and breakfast stay makes more sense dependent upon age and circumstances of the guest.
This hotel is sat on the one of the best beaches I have ever encountered which says a lot from a former airline stewardess who has travelled extensively. Pristine, white beaches with the trademarked turquoise and deep blue contracts of the carribean sea. Be aware that the sea on the south last of Barbados is generally a bit rougher than that of the west coast and just respect the lifeguards flags advising on safety to swim etc.
The hotel is relaxed and friendly. The staff cannot do enough for you and really care about you as an individual and that you really enjoy your holiday. Lena, the night time Manager is an absolute professional and manages her team brilliantly as well as knowing all of her guests regular or not. She will always go the extra mile to deliver great customer service time after time.
There are two restaurants on site which are lovely, one being more casual than the other, and serving freshly prepared food at reasonable prices for lunch directly overlooking the gorgeous beach and the other is more of an evening venue serving Tapas and local dishes.
There is good live entertainment most evenings at the hotel which you can either indulge in or not depending on your preference on the night.
We use the taxi service from straight outside the hotel door which is very efficient, honest and reliable. Trevor Clarke is our regular, favoured taxi driver, because of his willingness to go the extra mile, always polite and timely. He even went as far as to stop by a local vendor and bought us a big bag full of fresh mangos the last time we used him and didn't charge us for them. He is really a great credit to the island's tourism. Top Tip with Taxis :- He also will not try, as other taxi drivers do, to keep you as his customer for the return leg of wherever you go by waiting to charge you the full amount on the way back and thereby over committing themselves with fares resulting in you waiting for them instead of the other way around.
The downside of this hotel, if there is one, is that you definitely need the use of a car or a taxi in order to access other restaurants etc as it is not easy to walk to The Gap along the main route, although there is a short cut through the beach but I'd only use this during daylight hours, despite Barbados being probably one of the safest countries I have ever visited. Is just wise practice no matter where you are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea Barbados is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, this 100-room resort is well known for its personal touch and service. Featuring Mediterranean style architecture within a tranquil setting of lush gardens and bougainvillea flowers, this resort is just footsteps from the sand and mere minutes from south coast hot spots. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, a well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, non-motorized water sports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea Barbados is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish