Stayed at the Bougainvillea for 7 nights over Christmas week. Gorgeous beach!! The staff was courteous and friendly. The resort was clean, felt safe and the rooms were comfortable. Two comments however: the adult pool swim up bar was regularly filled with kids and made it impossible for adults (in the adult only pool!) to swim up and have a drink. And, Lanterns Restaurant needs serious help -- the food was good but the service was truly horrible! In a half empty restaurant, it should not take 30 minutes to get a check; tables farthest from the kitchen got the worst service bc wait staff was intercepted by tables they passed first; they took " island time" and slowed it to a crawl! Make note before you go: Barbados, including restaurants at this resort, is very expensive! I've been to many caribbean islands and this was by far the priciest.
And last, although we do not have children, it was magical to see the dancers and Santa come up the beach on Christmas morning!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish