Our family stayed at the resort from Dec 1 to 8th. Our daughter 5 years old just loved jumping the waves and swimming in all the pools all day long. I did alot of research on where to stay in Barbados and I am very glad that we stayed here. In some past Tripadvisor reviews, guests talked about the noise from the construction of the building next door, the building is finished and if any noise in the future would be from landscaping.
The resort is not a 5 star hotel, it is an above average 3 star quaint beach resort with alot to do. Other reviews are correct - the staff is warm and friendly and they did supply a bottle of champagne for my husband's 40th birthday. We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the ground floor near the Water's Edge restaurant which was great for getting to the beach/pool and back to our room during the day. I just loved the 2 balconies and we had breakfast and lunch every day on our balcony looking at the beautiful Carribean sea.
Another issue we read about was the rough waves - I found this to be untrue. The first 3 days the water was calm with gentle waves. As the week went on the waves did get bigger, which was great for boogie boarding and body surfing. If you are looking for a calm/flat waves this isn't the place for you. But if you want to jump some waves in the surf - this is the place for you.
We ate at all the hotspots in the St. Lawerence Gap which is not walking distance via the main roads - we took a taxi which cost $15 US roundtrip each evening. Our favorite places were: Pisces - great seafood, Champers - upscale restaurant with great food, Josefs - upscale/great food, The Restaurant at Southsea - very upscale/good food, Davids Place - upscale/over-rated and limited menu for kids. Each restaurant had a kids menu except David's Place.
For lunch don't forget to try Leroy's van for authentic Bajan food that parks in front of the hotel at 12:15 pm each day. All the locals eat it and it was delicious.
We did go food shopping at the big supermarket which had everything you could ever need. Also there is a small convenience store in between Bougainvillea and Barbados Beach Club (yellow building) which had everything you would need for snacks/beer/milk/coffee/etc... The drinking water in Barbados is great - no need to buy bottled water ever.
Our family would return to this resort and we have visited many resorts in the Carribean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish