We stayed in Adulo this July 06 and it was ok. The staff were friendly & helpful, the location was good as far as accessing shops, beaches, nightlife etc, and the price is reasonable. Because we were in a first floor apartment it was very hot (as flats are) so we definately needed to purchase air con, so allow that in your budget. The picture of the apartment was the same as what we found, (minus the vase of flowers) but when you got there, the kitchen cupboards were a bit old-fashioned and a bit musty smelling as you opened them. the kitchenware is basic and no table top for chopping except the table - so best not to cook in there very much unless you don't mind roughing it. The bed was good. They had a large walk in shower, but only a tiny sink (nowhere to rest your soap) and all there was, was a tiny cabinet (not attractive). The toilet was smelly - wanted to buy a loo smell thing - although it was clean. No mosquitos or bites we found - i think cos we kept the door shut with the air con on! There was an iron and board left outside to use which was useful! and if it's your first time to Barbados, be prepared for your mobile chargers not to work even with an adapter???? Check out how to use your mobiles abroad fully before you leave as we couldn't seem to get ours to work well, although we didn't really need them. Paying by Visa, there was a little charge - so cheaper to pay another way. Not all banks accepted Maestro cards to withdraw money, but there were a couple.
In summary, if I visited Barbados again, I personally would invest in a slighter nicer place to enjoy a little more feminine touches - so think about it girls! But as I said in the beginning, the area is good and it is clean and friendly. Hope this helps, enjoy barbados as my husband and I did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adulo Apartments is charming, comfortable and affordable accommodation perfectly located in heart of the beautiful and lively South Coast of Barbados. Legendary beaches, restaurants, supermarkets, shopping and all other key amenities are within walking distance. Select from tastefully furnished studios or two bedroom apartments, all fully contained with private patios overlooking our tropical garden. Guests feel right at home in any of our 13 apartments.We have recently renovated the bathrooms to provide guest with modern facilities,a beautifully redisgned lounge area for the comfort of our guest.There are new amenities including Wi-fi,cable and the addition of air-condition in the two- bedroom apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Adulo Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adulo Apartments Hotel Christ Church
- Adulo Apartments Barbados/Christ Church Parish