“Reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bellini's

Bellini's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Mrs G and Miss G both enjoyed their meal at Bellini's, however, I found the menu a bit restrictive, the meal I choose was quite nice and well cooked.

• Visited August 2013

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful seting, great wine and then downhill!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were in Barbados the week of the 16th of June. Stayed on St Lawrence Gap. One of the most beautiful settings in the world!! Wine was good. Downhill from there. This was a family vacation. Two brothers and a sister. We have traveled the world. Service was poor to start. We should have settled up and left when the garlic bread had NO garlic. Crab cake and Caesar salad was terrible. Shrimp in entrée undercooked, fresh fish burnt and tomato sauce out of a can. We did speak with the manager upon leaving but were severely disappointed after the previous evening at Pisces and even the street food on blackout Sunday night. Many better places to!

1 Thank Jim L
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Stay for dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was the first meal I had on Barbados and it may have been of the best over a week. There is a great waterfront view for atmosphere. The 3 course fixed price menu was quite a bargain as I found out over the week. The main courses were so good that we intentionally saved some to take back to the hotel. Thus there was room for dessert. See the photo of my dessert!

London, England
“OMG, I'd give it a lower score if I could!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was my third visit to Bellini's over the years and I have to say it'll definitely be the last, I don't even know where to start, feeling a bit peckish last night and wanted something not too heavy to eat so we chose Bellini's not just for the setting but I'd been there before and the food on those occasions was good, we ordered starters and a bottle of wine all was well, cheese sticks and bruschetta arrived in reasonable time, nice nothing fancy but a good start, mains arrived, I'd ordered the pesto chicken pizza and my other half ordered the chicken and pasta dish, all arrived in good time, well what can I say my pizza was a little 6" thing which was fine as I wasn't mega hungry, took my first bite and I have to say it was second worst pizza I'd ever had the miss opportunity to try and eat in my life, vile perhaps not a strong enough word, no sauce, I mean NO sauce whatsoever, a crust made of what I can only describe as light and bready, not even a pizza type base and definitely not the Italian thin crust I thought i'd ordered and I even checked when placing my order and was assured it was Italian thin crust.
I looked up to my other half who at this point had a mouthful of pasta and chicken with a really disappointed look upon her face, she offered me a taste of her meal, well as mine had all gone horribly Peter tong I thought at least we could share hers without making a fuss, well this was like stale rubbery pasta, with a heavy bitter parmesan flavour and rock hard lumps of chicken to boot, not fresh as described on their website, well we at this point had to say something so we remonstrated with the waitress when she came over to see how we were getting on, whom then went and got the manager, who then went and got the chef, all very apologetic, but at this point we were both really disappointed and couldn't eat anything else after this, basically put off eating.
The manager explained that she'd changed suppliers for the pizza, and I thought oh boy definitely not fresh obviously from frozen, and it was no different from my girlfriends, the manager explained the pasta was not fresh either and that it didn't state on the website anything about fresh!
I mean in all reality why wouldn't we want to pay $30+ BDS for a fresh pizza and expect it to be fresh...that's how it came across, we both felt sorry for the chef being summoned out of the kitchen, he had no choice but to cook what's on the menu with whatever he'd been supplied!
Their website does clearly state ' We use only the finest ingredients our chef prepares homemade pasta!' quote un-quote. That's if you're bothered to waste time looking at their website.
What in this day and age and with all the competition given the location in St. Lawrence Gap and the state of tourism at the moment plus being right opposite where we were going to go Pices. The only reason we didn't go into Pices was we weren't mega hungry and it is slightly pricier but always well worth it, I've never had a bad meal in there and I've been coming to the Carribean for years now.
I normally always check tripadvisor and definitely will continue to do so, it won't be long before this place goes the way of McBrides just round the corner. Restaurants in my opinion are firstly about the food and then the ambience and atmosphere.
All in all don't bother wasting your time or money go elsewhere if you actually like or appreciate fresh authentic Italian food, I suggest Mojo's chopping board just up the road past St. Lawrence Gap on your right heading towards Bridgetown, absolutely great food and service and at a great price, I ate there yesterday, tell em Steve sent ya!!

London, United Kingdom
“One to avoid, not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our second visit to Bellinis, the first one last year being a disappointment, but we thought we'd give it another go. We were with two Italian friends this time, who were also unimpressed with the food on offer, although the view over the sea is excellent.

It's just not worth the relatively high price you pay, as the food's not up to standard. And remember, we've tried it twice.

• Visited April 2013