“Back again”

Barbados Beach Club
“Back again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Back after the fifth time at Barbados Beach Club. Thank you Felix and your staff Morrison, Dale, Mario Dionne, Sandra Kelly, Kathy, Michelle and all the others for a fantastic time again. People seem to always like to knock this hotel. We meet people who had been there 55 times yes that true and someone else been to Barbados 87 times the last few to BBC. This proves that the hotel is doing something right. Great food, clean rooms and bedding and plenty of Drinks to cool down. Staff made our stay easily as I had to go out for treatment in the mornings Sandra Kelly set us up for breakfast thank you again. We will be back again in the future. Juliet in the reception trip organiser you are a star thanks for the pictures.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My fifth time to Barbados and one of the best. First time at the Barbados Beach Club, but I want to visit again. Hotel is very clean, and has all you could want, for the perfect relaxing beach holiday. Minutes drive from the busy night life of St Laurence Gap and the Oistins Friday night fish fry. Minutes walk to a local sports bar. The best part though was the food. It was a perfect mix of Caribbean and international cuisine. I really enjoyed the experience of eating local Bajan food - the fish was great! You also have a choice of buffet or al la carte. Lovely Beach, with nice breeze due to the Atlantic ocean. Our Room was lovely and clean, over looked the sea and pool - perfect. yes, it could do with modernising but this is a great value All inclusive, with guests from UK, America, Europe and plenty from neighbouring Islands. Entertainment every night which was good fun after a Pina Colada or two. Just as good for food as the local 4 star hotels for a good reduction in price. Good time had by all!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

erm well its ok... your in barbados so it cant be that bad the hotel has a bar and the beers good and the rooms are great but it the food its ITS its well its sh** its awful it the same every day thank good KFC is just down the road.the beach is great the pool small but ok.but if we every went back i'd pay extra and get a better hotel.but loads of people who we spoke to had been there 3-4-5 times and loved it so its a funny 1 but good luck to them its not my cup of tea

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been to many all-inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean; this is by far the worst. Let me begin by saying this hotel is in great need of improvement in every area.
First of all the curb appeal is lacking, don’t be fooled by the pics online the place is in dire need of a paint job, its very dingy and looks run down and considering the other hotels we drove by to get to this one I was very disappointed before I even took one step into the building. Everything is in this place was outdated. I felt like I came to a resort that has not yet arrived in the 21st century. Anyone under the age of 50 and over the age of 10 should not stay here.

The next issue is customer service of which there is very little of. With the exception of a few polite people in general the staff was rude. Every time I asked for something (i.e. utensils to eat with) it was as if I was asking them to go above and beyond the call of duty. We often had to look for the waiters who were usually somewhere eating their own food to come and seat us in the cafeteria where we had to fend of the birds that would land on the table and eat your food.

This brings me to the food which was horrible. Being in an island I expected whatever fresh fruit was in season every day, well they did offer bananas, everything else was canned. The offered the same thing for breakfast every day and it did not taste good. The best thing at this resort was the cheese sandwiches and pastries they served at tea time. The so called restaurant that you had to make reservations for was open one day which offered two dishes and everything else on the menu they wanted us to pay if we wanted those items (shrimp, lobster, steak). Someone needs to define for these folks exactly what all-inclusive means. The bartender was horrible; every mixed drink I tried did not tasted good and the soda was flat, the only suitable drink was the beer since they only had to open the bottle for you. There is no room service available, if you don’t eat during scheduled meal times you will remain hungry or have to leave the resort.

The entertainment was from 1980’s when they did have any, the best entertainment during my visit was when a guest got up and sang some songs!!! The so-called cable TV had about 5 channels which would have been ok if there was anything else to do at this resort besides sleep. The only good things I can say about this hotel is that it had Wi-Fi throughout the hotel which was good because I had to entertain myself with my i-pad.

The beach at this resort is rough, not good for children to play at the beach. The water sports are nonexistent, I had to put a cash deposit to use the safe and to get a beach towel, and the pool had a line of green much around it. On the beach if you wanted a chair you had to take it off the stack for yourself, no umbrellas were available on the beach.

They nickel and dimed everything. I heard a waitress complain that a guy came to eat twice! When my sister asked for a scissor, the lady bought it then wanted to stand there while we used it. To top it all off, there were red ants in my sister’s room! I would not recommend this place to my enemy and have also written the hotel directly to address my dissatisfaction at my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Janel M

Travelers are raving about these Christ Church Parish hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

First time to Barbados and staying in a hotel in the Caribbean. The food was nice and your towels are changed every day. The entertainment could do with a little updating, but had the guest dancing. The staff were very friendly and nice, nothing ever appeared to much. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for value for money and great staff, it is also within walking distance to catch a bus to the capital.

Room Tip: Room looking out on to the pool and the beach
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sandra G
Gloucester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you enjoy a constant diet of shredded lettuce, rice with stewed (small) chicken legs and wings then you may enjoy this hotel. If on the other hand you are looking for the advertised international cuisine then forget this hotel. Most of the food adulterated with pepper or curry presumably to disguise the lack of taste.

We booked this holiday with Virgin Holidays, and were surprised that they recommended this hotel. Needless to say we will not be using Virgin again.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DavidR187047
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Been going here for years. You get exactly what it say's on the tin & more. The staff are great, can't fault the food, great location, Rooms spot on. I think some people just love to have a moan & claim their £200 voucher back - towards their next moan. See you next year BBC !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#11 of 49 in Christ Church Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,928 reviews

Been to Barbados Beach Club? Share your experiences!