“Barbados Beach Club Hotel”

Barbados Beach Club
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and myself have just arrived back from Barbados 21/01/13 staying at the BBC for the second week of our holiday first week on the Thomsons Dream cruise ship.I have read a lot of mixed reports about BBC some bad some good. After we booked our holiday a couple of months before we were leaving we received a letter saying that they had received some bad reports about the hotel and were offering people to change hotel.We tried to change but other hotel they offered was fully booked so we had no choice but to give it a try.we were pleasantly surprised hotel & food were good every day their was a different menu,staff were pleasant,beach was perfect. We were on the 7th floor room 712 overlooking the pool area and the ocean we were next to the lift which people said was really noisy you did hear the lift when it came to the floor it certainly did not disturb us. For a 3* hotel it was excellent value.

10  Thank jinky07

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for 7 days and really enjoyed it. Nice clean hotel with spacious room and good food. The odd person moan about this hotel but its a 3 star and they expect too much. It puts on entertainment every night but this is more back ground music but if you want more the Gap is just a short distance away. They have a lovely almost private beach and offer free equipment like boogy boards. i would definetly visit again oh and your obsessed with monkeys walk to the top of the road but take bananas to feed them :-)

4  Thank John K
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I arrived in Barbados on 30 December. We had a wonderful start to the New Year. For a 3* hotel we found the Barbados Beach Club excellent value. The staff were all friendly and helpful, with smiling greetings from management to ground staff. The food in the main restaurant was both plentiful and good quality, so much so that we didn't bother to use the A la carte restaurant, which is open 3 evenings a week. The evening entertainment was low-key most nights but spiced up with limbo, fire-eating and a steel-pan band. The view from our balcony was amazing. Yes, the showers were a bit temperamental, but this is often the case in 3* hotels in the tropics. But if you had a shower outside of the 'rush hour' there was plenty of hot water. The hotel is ideally situated between 'The Gap' and Oistins and the bus stop only a 5 minute walk away. This was our 3rd visit to Barbados but the 1st to this hotel. Looking forward to our next trip, will definitely stay at Barbados Beach Club again.

8  Thank Suzifull
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Vacationers beware of Barbados Beach Club, it is a lovely hotel for a more mature crowd maybe 35years and up as the entertainment is not very exciting. However you are a 20min walk to the gap that has some great night life and I felt very safe with the surroundings but you should still go with a buddy. The food was good and there is only one restaurant located upstairs with no air conditioning. You are only allowed to go once/week but the food was wonderful. Take caution when booking your room if you book a garden view room you are actually located in a different hotel down the road and may end up not having privileges at the other hotel. Make sure your travel agent specifies all inclusive at both the Beach Club and the sister hotel Sunbay. The beach is amazing and clean I would go again.

Room Tip: Choose the Ocean View room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Holly L
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My second time at the club. Love it here. Great atmosphere right on the beach ! Love all the staff. The Cod curry and Cou-Cou is awesome !! But the best was the steel band - feeling hot hot hot !!
Anything you need is only a request away

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank James M
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at the barbados beach club wit my fiance an two friends and I must say that it was very enjoyable. The food was gd, the rooms were well kept and the service and staff were all very friendly. I must also make special mention to Mrs Juliet who made our stay very memorable. Very nice person and gr8 personality. Overall I enjoyed every minute of my vacation there.

• Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank trini2779
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have spent a week at the Barbados Beach Club and in a way I have been disappointed. My stay in Cuba was better and a lot cheaper.
However I have spoken to other guests who have found this place to be their little oasis in the Caribbean. Upon arriving to my room I noted that it was roomy but basic. No coffee making facilities. The fridge is a little ancient and has kept me awake on numerous nights. This is a small fridge with a cold section. Rust is apparent and to be honest this device is past its sell by date. I would have scrapped it. The tv is also dated.
The bathroom has the usual soap, shampoo and conditioner. Does anyone use the hair conditioners in hotel?. Let me know.
The beds are squeaky and every morning I am awoken to the sound of sexual activity taking place in the room next door. That is alright because it acts as an alarm for me. The beds need replacing. Mine has a piece of wood missing from underneath.
Breakfast is a mixture of several meals, eggs bacon etc. There is also fruit. Tinned peaches and tinned pears. Not very good. This is not the Caribbean.Mangoes,bananas etc.
I do not expect this.
The beach outside is a small beach which does become crowded. This hotel is All inclusive and means people are drinking rum at 10 am. They do not go out.We often ran out of deckchairs. On the first day the towel man asked us for $30 us as a deposit for the towels which was refunded when we handed the towels back. What is this about. That is $30 that I cannot use to supplement the economy. There are not enough umbrellas to go around.
I have not spent my time on the hotel beach. I have been to other beaches and mixed with the wonderful Bajans. The food is hit or miss and some nights it has been a miss. This is subjective. The staff at this hotel cannot be praised enough. I will make a special mention to Sandra in the restaurant who has been a typical Bajan. She is efficient and courteous. This lady has put common sense in place when dealing with me and it has been a joy to meet her.
When I do reviews I look at the holistic picture. I have spoken to people who have been to this hotel more than 30 times. Some people love this place. I would not rush back to an all inclusive in this hotel or Barbados. There are several other places where the opportunity to meet the locals is fantastic.The hotel is functional.

Room Tip: Unless you are a drinker. All inclusive on this island is not always best. Try eating out. $25 dolla...
4  Thank Cubicsnot