“Good hotel with vad service”

Barbados Beach Club
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel was okay, the weather was excellent but the service was lousy! Women in the reception were rude and arrogant sometimes but the worst one was the guy providing towels and sun umbrellas at the beach! He didn't give is towels and when trying to get a surfboard or sun umbrella, he gave us broken ones and spoke rudily. Luckily the people outside of the hotel were friendly!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Diratra
There are newer reviews for Barbados Beach Club

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I arrived at Barbados beach club on the 22nd of October And am leaving on the 5th November.
The food is excellent couldn't fault it, we had al a carte for 4 night on the run which was a pain but the food was great. All the staff are friendly and always there to help. Rooms are clean and tidy maids are very friendly. I have had my personal items out such as iPad phones and cameras and nothin got touched. Tourist and locals are fantastic always friendly and like to help. We have seen wild monkeys just at the end of the road and the are great we fed them and they were eating out of our hands. We went on the tiami catamaran and we swam with turtles and seen ship wrecks the staff are lovely on the boat couldn't fault them, we had food and drink and good entertainment they also help the people who couldn't snorkel and stayed by them untill they felt comfortable. As we where speaking to The locals they mentioned the horse racing, it may not be everyones holiday but it made our holiday even better the atmosphere was fantastic. My father in law and mother in law got married in the hotel, it was brilliant couldn't fault the wedding planner and the staff on the day. All in all I would recommend this hotel and holiday to anyone ..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ljspencer93
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Barbados Beach Club September 10th-24th 2012. First impressions of the hotel
were not great. The reception was dingy and the door of the room that we were given wouldn t open properly, but when I explained at reception we were given another room and it was large with excellent aircon.tv,large bathroom, fridge,comfy bed,everything working so that was good,
I found the food to be excellent. Due to low occupancy during our stay there was a la carte dining every evening instead of twice a week. Variety of alcoholic drink could have been better, but the bar staff were friendly, as indeed were all the staff,especially the breakfast restaurant manager.
Set on a beautiful beach,the hotel could do with a lick of paint, but for me its the staff that matter and they were lovely. Met lots of people returning for repeat visits,some for the tenth time so it cant be that bad. We hope to be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda R
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friends and I visited Barbados Beach Club (BBC) in early January this year. My overall impression on our stay there:
THE GOOD
~rooms were big and clean with a wonderful view
~breakfast was a nice; lots to choose from (their fish, fruit and omlets are great!)
~bathroom had a tub, which was a big plus for me
~loved the beach.....limited in the amount of watersports
~easy access to transportation- the $2 bus was very very dependable
~staff was very nice and accomodating. My friend was celebrating his birthday and w were able to organise a cake, decorations and stuff for him.....was very nice.
THE BAD
~I don't know if it was bad timing but we stuck out like a sore thumb as there were hardly any younger persons there until 2 days we was scheduled to leave
~Nightly entertainment was ..........hmmm entertaining till 11pm. Then off to bed....like really?
~The overcrowding on the $2 bus is RI-DIC-CU-LOUS!!!! How could 6 ppl fit on a seat that holds 3
~One pool. Enough said

Overall though it was thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank JayJordan
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a disappointment in food, bed comfort, helpfulness and activities. The receptionist was not personable, knowledgeable or helpful. The one meal that was typically decent was dinner. Breakfast was barely palatable and lunch would have been better from a vending machine. There were no vending machines for a real cold soda or real juice.

Room Tip: Far far away from the elevator, but still you'll hear the loud ringer.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank L C
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We was there in September 18/2012 . We are so pleased with the service and the "warm "people in this hotel. The hotel have good location near to the airport and the Oyster - fish bars and restaurants. The food its ok , not much choice but the manager of the restaurant Sandra Kelly was very polite and care for us . The beach is next to the hotel there is a swimming pool too.Is a good value for money you don't have to move to much is you want a quiet place . Its a lovely place for us . One thing need to be improve there - the fitness room. Thank you for all staff in this hotel .

Room Tip: The good room is on the back of the hotel where is not on the front where is the swimming pool and t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nero M
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just arrived home from Barbados and I could hardly wait to write this review.

My stay at Barbados Beach club exceeded my expectations tremendously. I read many reviews on tripadvisor before coming to Bbc, so to be honest my expectations weren't very high to begin with. Upon reaching to the hotel, our check- in time was at 2 pm, we got there at 10 am, and was told by the receptionist that our rooms would be ready in a couple minutes. Literally a couple minutes later we were in our rooms unpacking. The rooms had all the basic amenities as advertised, the a/c, tv, safe, hot water etc....everything worked well.

We had to wait until our checkin' time to access the bar, which wasn't really an issue the first day we got there. However overall the bar opened at mid-day everyday which was a bit annoying on the second and third day I was there. The beers at the bar could have been colder, and the only beer they served was Banks beer, which was okay, I mean Bank beer is the beer of Barbados right! The pool closed at 6pm which was a bit of a bummer. The hotel is only a couple of minuted from Oistins and St. Laurence gap which was really good. I read some really bad reviews about the food. But in my experience it was really good; plentiful, lot of variety and tasty. The beach was the highlight of the trip. It was very spectacular. All in all, I had a blast. Value for money, it is definitely up there in the rankings. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
#24 of 51 in Christ Church Parish
Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels
The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa
The Club, Barbados Resort and Sp...
#10 of 26 in Saint James Parish

Been to Barbados Beach Club? Share your experiences!