All reviews lawrence gap tennis courts the pure ocean restaurant full kitchen living room large pool garden view self catering flying fish night life happy hour rum punch sea turtles laid back main pool friday night south coast
Reviewed July 6, 2018

The hotel needs a lot of upgrading, better cleaning of patios in particular. The alarm system needs attention since it went off almost every day without there being any need or emergency. Wifi & TV facilities are not up to standard and unreliable. It is well located.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
4  Thank poonka420
Reviewed July 4, 2018

The property in general was fine, but it lacked excitement or entertainment. It felt more like a place where older folks go (60+ and over). The property was clean and the folks who worked there were generally helpful. The check-in process was quick.
Overall if you are looking for a younger, more energetic crowd, it may be best to find another place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
2  Thank Samuel N
Divi2017, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Southwinds Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review Samuel, we are, at certain times of the year, a quiet location. Being just off The Gap however, there are many entertainment choices year-round.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

My husband and I brought our 4 yr old granddaughter t the resort, The staff was friendly and polite. Just a few complaints. I'm a Divi Owner and I was disappointed that the walkway by the beach front rooms was not care for it was all cracked and broken, and I tripped 3 times while going back and forth to my room. The first thing I noticed in the room was there was no telephone so I had to go to the front desk and request one. Then although the Suite had some updates, it didn't seem to be complete. The wall plug in the bathroom didn't work I was hoping that it would have been fixed when I mentioned it to housekeeping and they said they would let the maintenance dept know, but nothing was done. no to mention that house keeping didn't show up until 5 or 6pm at night. The lighting in the bedroom was extremely dim. I also notice that my balcony wasn't as clean as it could have been along with the floor in the suite it looked like they hadn't been washed since the last family that stayed there. I stayed both in the hotel and beach front and I would recommend the hotel for better comforts.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank marymariani

Thank you for letting us know about your vacation experience. We have shared your comments with our Management staff. We certainly take your comments serious and thank you for your ownership.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Nice resort steps from the beach. Great pool, pretty grounds and lots of birds. Located right in the middle of shopping and restaurants of St Lawrence Gap. Very helpful and accommodating staff. Asked for an upgrade and received it!

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank HarryBlacker

Thank you so much Harry for your kind review. We are so pleased we met your vacation expectations. We hope you will come back and visit us on your next trip to Barbados.

Reviewed June 14, 2018

My husband and I, along with our seven and nine-year-old sons stayed at Divi Southwinds for six nights. It is perfectly located in terms of going out to explore the island. The suites were nice. If you're expecting luxury, it's not, but the suites are nice enough, the hotel is clean and well cared for and it looked like they were working on doing improvement projects.

We did not plan on staying at the hotel the whole time, so we were prepared to travel around a bit with the kids. The hotel was simply a place to sleep, shower and jump in the pool after a day's outing.

The beach is nice, but due to its location, the water is rough and the sand is on the granier side. There is a restaurant on the beach called Ocean, which is lovely.

That said, the hotel is in the perfect location to walk around the shops and try the restaurants in the area.

We rented a car and took a quick 15 minute drive up along the west coast to the Boatyard Beach Club, which was fantastic. For $25 US you got your beach chair, umbrella, use of all the facilities, which included a trampoline in the water, rope swing off the dock, basketball courts, showers, bathrooms and a boat that will take you snorkeling with the sea turtles and over a shipwreck.

You also get a nice food credit which you can put towards lunch and drinks. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we went there twice (which is very unusual for us to go somewhere twice).

We also ventured out to Harrison's Cave, which was perfect to do on an overcast day, We also went to Welchman Hall Gully to see the monkeys, the George Washington House and spent time at the beach in front of JuJu's Sputnik II. The beach there was very rocky in the water and not my favorite experience.

One of our days there, we ventured on to the Tiami catamaran tour, which was fabulous. The crew was awesome, the boat was clean, the food was excellent and the snorkeling was really beautiful.

Everyone said to also go to the dinner show at Harbour Lights. It was excellent. A bit pricey as our kids didn't eat and one of my sons slept through the whole evening, but we really enjoyed it.

We had fabulous food just about everywhere we ate, which included, Cocktail Kitchen, Champers, Harlequin Restaurant, Pure Ocean, Ju Ju's. the BoatYard, and Castaways. For the kids, Chefette fit the bill for chicken nuggets.

We could have stayed another four days to try and do a host of other things we wanted to, but just couldn't.

All in all, Divi Southwinds offered a great location, friendly staff and all that was necessary for a comfortable stay.

Overall, we had a fabulous trip and really enjoyed Barbados, the people, the culture, the food, and the beaches. I hope you have as nice a stay as we did.

Room tip: Choose a pool view room if you can.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank aliblaf
Divi2017, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Southwinds Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your vacation stay with us and the island of Barbados. We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to Barbados.