“Great golfing experience.”
Review of Barbados Golf Club

Barbados Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Having just been reconstructed in 2000, this golf course provides one of the most beautiful courses on the island.
Victoria
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great golfing experience.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We are regular visitors to the island and are regular players. This year we were very pleasantly surprised to see the many improvements and how the general maintenance has improved,making the experience one to savour. The greens have been expanded and have grown in really well. The course with the prevailing winds can be a true test of your skills. The staff are very friendly and helpful, making the experience even better. The course is in excellent condition. They have also improved the bar and dining area. We really enjoy a beer and a serving of their fish cakes after a round.

Visited January 2013

New England, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Day”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I went to this golf course expecting to just get in a quick game for an average price but to my surprise the price was great only 90 USD for my green fees and some sweet rentals compared to the other courses on the island this is a great course with great,helpful,friendly and efficient staff,
I really recommend this to any traveler going to the island looking for a game of golf.
Just have to say I'll be back for sure in 2013. Especially for the golf but also for the food.

2 Thank JLHNE
Bethel, Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Barbados Golf Club Improved!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been going to Barbados for over 20 years and I'm happy to report that the Barbados Golf Club has a new look and has improved it's course & it's layout. The grounds are in excellent condition and the Greens well kept. I was pleasantly surprised by all of the improvements. They now have a Driving Range which is new and needed and a great putting green. Everyone is helpful & friendly. Sherry Winston, International Jazz Flutist

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sherry w
Cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A great day”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I came to the club with my husband for a one off game during our 2 week stay in Barbados. We enjoyed it so much we came twice more. We got a good deal with Virgin Holidays which included hire of clubs and a cart (too hot to walk). Much better than the silly prices you would play at The Green Monkey, Royal Westmoreland and Sandy Lane! The clubs were very good and the bar provided a cooler for our drinks which fitted on the back of the cart. There are water dispensers by several of the tees on the course and the water is cooled, so it's not really necessary to buy water. The course is nice and open with wide fairways. The bunkers contain nice sand, maybe a little heavier than home courses (UK). The rough is almost non existent, and there are plenty of yardage markers. The only time we lost a ball was into the water at the 16th and the 18th. The greens were a little dodgy as they were undergoing work but they didn't spoil our game.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the bar area very nice. We had lunch there each time which was really good, e.g. coconut shrimp, lovely chicken ceasar and great fries.
Will definitely go back there on our next trip.

1 Thank sunlovers077
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good course, unfortunately under going maintenance.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked for a golf lesson and 18 holes. The teaching golf professional, Michael Marshall was constructive, thoroughly professional and friendly. I really enjoyed the lesson and learned to improve my game in several key areas. I personally genuinely enjoyed the course, however it was unfortunate that the greens were being severely scraped and sanded as part of their "Annual Maintenance". Several of the greens had long ruts gouged out with far too much sand and gravel put on the greens. Other than this I thought the course was challenging and fun.
The Bar and restaurant staff were absolutely delightful. Polite and courteous, and always laughing - in direct contrast to two golf club receptionists, who were abrupt, indifferent and not at all friendly.

1 Thank CWRG