All reviewsrockley beachoperations managerquayside mallclean hotelsmall fridgespacious roomlawrence gapcleaning staffpool area isflying fishrum punchfish cakesbars and restaurantsdanebarbadosislandchampers
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Barbados and a little unsure where to stay. Blue horizon hotel is in a great location with some amazing restaurants in walking distance. Staff at the hotel are very accommodating and helpful. The hotel is just off Rockley beach which is a nice peaceful beach and a short bus ride away from Carlisle bay which is a beach north full of water sports activities and lots of beach bars and restaurants. The facilities in the hotel were clean and well kept. This hotel was great value for money, in a great location and the service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for self catering accommodation in Barbados.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Blue Horizon as a group of 7. We had 2 adjoining suites for myself, my husband, my sons and my sister. Then we had another suite for my mother and godmother on a separate floor. The accommodations were great for all of us. The staff is absolutely wonderful. My husband and sons come every year so they were well known and remembered. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. The beach is right across the street. There is a restaurant in the hotel, others right next to the hotel and vendors across the street. I loved it so much after returning home with the family, I suggested my husband and I go back alone.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank T K S
Reviewed March 5, 2018

I stayed at Blue Horizon for three weeks in January 2018. The twin bedroom was fine; the staff were very friendly and the manager's weekly party was excellent but the breakfast (included in the price) was the worst ever! Same choice of apple or banana; banana or coconut cake; horrible coffee; the cheapest boring cereals; birds walking over the tables (which were not cleaned after each use) and the staff there were on permanent "go slow". There was no service in the pool area.
Rockley Beach itself is wonderful. I think the best along that coast. Best cheap food at Just Grillin, Happy hour in St. Lawrence Gap - get there on local bus for US$1
Recommendation - upgrade to a room with cooking facilities to make your own breakfast etc.
I would have done this but they only have one large bed in each - I needed two beds.
If you want a bit of luxury with better food, lifts and on the beach go the Accra Hotel twice as expensive but I would take a shorter holiday for a better hotel.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank 636Julie
Reviewed March 4, 2018

We have been staying here for years now after the past renovations. The manager has a good handle on things and keeping things up to date. Nice clean rooms.
However the fate of the Hotels future and livelyhood of all the workers here lies in the hands of the Govt. as it plans to sell it off. This hotel is an asset to the area as is and to the workers there. Will have to wait for its fate some time in 2018.

Room Tip: Refurbished one bedrooms.
Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Not one single complaint about Blue Horizon.
The view was very good, opposite one of the Best Beaches-Rockley Beach.
Our room, very spacious, very clean, spacious and all we neded.
The pool area -really lovely, comfortable lounge chairs with towels available and umbrellas and side tables. Gazebo to sit under, if you need a break from the Sun, a bar right there.
The Staff: Well, there are not enough words to describe them.
Ryan met us in the Lobby and took our suitcases to our room - Thank you Ryan.
The front desk clerks , each and everyone bery polite, welcoming, so very helpful, always ready to help. Thank you Dale, Erica, Angela, and others.
The cleaning staff, Roxanne, and others. Thank you.
Dane Taylor - operations Manager: Not enough words.
Exceptional at his job. A Gentleman. So,polite, and,will do all in his power to,help you.
Thank you Dane.
Everyone on the Staff went beyond expectations.
The Customer Appreciation Party every Thursday evening, with a live band, great talent - Barry Chandler- Always a great time, you all know we miss those parties,
So happened my 70th Birthday fell on one of those Thursdays and the BluemHorizpn Staff made me feel so special. Thanks so much,
At Night the pool area is lit up like a little .fairyland, we loved it.
Blue Horizon is centrally situated and close to so so much.
Rockley Beach (Accra) right across the road.
Quayside Mall for shopping 5 mins walk.
Lots of eating places 2-5 mins walk.
We had not one single problem or concern at Blue Horizon, no problems with water, always hot water in the shower, no,problems with WIFI.
In Fact not one single complaint.r
I will stay here again and again.
In fact regret not ataying at Blue Horizon before.
Thanks Everyone -You sll made,us feel like Family -You are all missed.
I know I have missed a few names, my apologies.
Hugs to each of you.