“Teaching with passion and purpose!”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Teaching with passion and purpose!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Christian taught me to surf a few years back, and he made my lessons were both enjoyable an thorough. My 7 year old son decided that he wanted to get some lessons, and I didn't hesitate for a moment in deciding to get in touch with Christian again. Today my son had his first lesson, and, in his words, "it was EPIC!!!" Christian was patient and positive, and he was so encouraging! My heart just about burst with pride when my son caught his first wave! Christian kept cheering him on , and we couldn't stop smiling! It is rare to find someone who can teach both children and adults so effectively, and Christian's enthusiasm and joy are wonderful to experience. In fact, my son was so excited that we stayed on at the beach for another 3 hours after the 2-hour lesson was done so that he could practice on my board! We couldn't have asked a more perfect day...Boosy's Surf School ROCKS!!!

Visited April 2014

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A-mazing!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

As a first time surfer, I couldn't have asked for a better surfing experience. Christian is a great teacher and after a quick lesson on land we hit the water where he gave each of us personal attention and encouragement. A great experience all around. I will be back.

1 Thank Kisber
Bedford, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of the vacation-Boosy is the man!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I took lessons with Christian on our spring break and it was our favorite part of our week-long trip. He makes learning to surf so understandable and always gives positive feedback. His enthusiasm for surfing really shows and hearing him cheer you on as you surf your first wave brings a smile to your face. HIGHLY recommended for any trip to Barbados. Another awesome add on to the experience is that he videoed us with his go pro and sent us the videos. It was an awesome souvineer of the experience!
Thanks Boosy! You're the man!
Julina/Josh

1 Thank jnocera
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Me and my boyfriend took two lessons from Christian. There are not too many persons at the same lesson, because he wants to make sure that everybody learns. At the first lesson there was 6 persons and two teachers. Second time there was 4 of us and Christian was teaching alone. Teaching was very friendly and professional. Even if you don't speak very good english you can really learn to surf, because he shows every technic by himself and make sure that you will understand. First time we had about 30min extra time and at the second time 1 hour, so he must love his job! Everything worked very well.. pic up from your hotel..everything. Im sure his the best one! Now we have rented one of his boards for the next day. He is very kind person. I highly recommended he's surf school!

1 Thank Mira A
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My sister and I had a wonderful time surfing with Christian. He provided transportation since we did not know the exact place to go. He helps you with all aspects of surfing by telling you in a way you can understand. He makes sure to give everybody equal attention regardless of how many surfers he has with him. Great personality and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend if you want to learn or improve regardless of age.