Open today: 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
First Experience Surfing!!

My 3 friends and I were recommended by a friend to have Boosy teach us how to surf. The 2 hour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sccrfrk9
Great surf lesson!

After contacting them I could have a surf lesson immediately the next day at 8AM. Directions were... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Wieteke79
Santo Domingo

All reviews great teacher surf school freights bay his enthusiasm riding waves positive energy two hour lesson great guy learn how step by step amazing experience look no further beautiful barbados visiting barbados sea turtles christian safety
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Me and my two daughters aged 9 and 7 had a surf lesson with Christian this morning. At first my daughters (and me) were a bit nervous but Christian was absolutely brilliant with us all. He is a great teacher and very enthusiastic. He was very knowledgeable and we all felt really safe with his expert tuition. Great fun and and a must do for any visitors or residents in Barbados!!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My daughter and husband first met Christian three years ago through recommendations from friends. My daughter was 7 yrs old, is shy when meeting new people, and is an "ok" swimmer. Their first lesson with Christian wiped away any concerns I had. He has a charismatic personality. You can tell that he loves to teach surfing. Christian made sure that their board was the right "fit" for their level, height, and weight. Then he went over water safety and instructed the surfer which areas were good areas to surf. On the water, Christian gave them helpful feedback after each "ride". Needless to say, my husband and daughter are "hooked" and look forward to surfing whenever we go to Barbados.

One last comment, my husband and daughter took a lesson with Christian yesterday. Christian had an assistant who videotaped their surfing lesson. I'm looking forward to seeing the video because it will service as a fond reminder of this island paradise and surfing triumph.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Wow I am 50 and have always wanted to surf - not bodyboarding the actual real thing! in less than 2 hours with Christian's excellent teaching and patience I rode the wave with turtles around and so did our 2 daughters aged 20 and 17.
Do this it's such a memorable way to spend an afternoon.
Christian was excellent.He only teaches small groups and lends the boards and rash vests,he gives you tuition and confidence.He has eyes in the back of his head as he watches all the time as safety is the priority as well as making it all fun. I only wish I had started this 30 years ago as cannot be classed a surfer chick!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I finally got my act together to make this well-deserved review. December 2012, I and a bunch of friends were living in Barbados for 3 weeks. None of us were experienced surfers, so we looked up Boosy for some lessons. And it was great! For beginners these lessons are pure gold. Christian picked us up at the apartment, which was great since we didn’t have a car. We went surfing with Boosy during our stay and everybody was doing progress. Now I’m back in Barbados with my GF and 2 other friends, and of course we went to surf with Boosy. One year later the lessons are still great. Focus on safety before entering the water and constructive feedback after each wave.
All in all Christian is just a cool dude and you can tell he loves surfing and teaching – join him in the waves if you have the opportunity.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I started my surfing "career" at Boosys school. Even before we got into the water he is already motivating to make the best out of your abilities and was just fun beeing around. After a quick introduction on how to stand up and safety(!) we got down into the water on a great spot for surf lessons. He pushed me into the first waves and after that gave me hints when to start paddling. So it was super easy to get my first waves on the first lesson. Since I spent two months on barbados we met a few times a week for surfing class and he always helped me a lot and gave hints to push my surfing to the next level. In this time I have seen a lot of surf lessons and lot of people with diffrent abilities for surfing. Boosy helped all of them on their first waves and I cant remember anyone not smiling after a lesson with him.
Would do it again anytime! Big recommendation!

Date of experience: March 2013