“Excellent instruction and a fun time”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Christian was an excellent instructor who provided tips that greatly improved the surfing of both my friend and myself. He convinced me to switch my stance after many years of surfing the other way and it made a huge difference. He was very enthusiastic and even made the time waiting for waves enjoyable. We also rented boards another day and as we were car-less Christian picked us at a convenient location to take us to surfer's point. Overall, highly recommend surfing with Boosy's whether you are a novice or more experienced surfer.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Christian is a great, patient teacher. He has a genuine desire for his students to succeed and a real interest in their well-being. He's provided classes to both my kids during Christmas holidays and now I'm learning to surf. I would recommend him for all ages!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had wanted to try surfing for years, and Boosy's Surf School was a great way to gain exposure to the sport! Christian (Boosy) was friendly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable about surfing. Even in group of six students, he was able to gauge everyone's skill level and provide attention/instruction accordingly. The technical instruction and input both in and out of the water gave me great insight on improving my technique, and the resulting success has really resulting in getting me interested in surfing. Perhaps the best part of the experience is that Boosy LOVES what he does and genuinely wants people to share in the enjoyment that surfing brings to him. Highly recommended in my opinion.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Decided to try surfing on the morning before my flight home and instantly regretted not starting earlier in the holiday and getting more lessons in. Christian is enthusiatic, obviously very knowledgeable and has a sense of humour and fun to go along with it. Our class was a mixture of beginners and amateurs so he gave everyone a session on land to go over the basics of jumping up on the board and how to steer with a bit of safety advice about the beach thrown in. Just the right amount of time later we went straight into the sea and started surfing. He keeps an eye on everyone doling out advice and humour in equal measure but allowing those with experience to do their own thing if they want. Started off with him giving the board a push but pretty soon I was paddling and catching waves on my own.

Surf boards and rash vests provided.
Two hour lesson for $50 US. Worth every penny!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I decided to try surfing, but was not sure about it at first - it was a spur of the moment kind of thing because a few of my friends wanted to go. Two lessons later, I can't wait to go back as often as I can! Christian is patient, fun and incredibly passionate. He loves what he does and he's great at it. He very carefully observes your technique, and gives you tips on how to improve. After two lessons, I could time and catch my own waves. You won't regret trying it - I know I don't (: WEAR SUNSCREEN!!