Open today: 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
First Experience Surfing!!

My 3 friends and I were recommended by a friend to have Boosy teach us how to surf. The 2 hour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sccrfrk9
Great surf lesson!

After contacting them I could have a surf lesson immediately the next day at 8AM. Directions were... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Wieteke79
Santo Domingo

All reviews great teacher surf school freights bay his enthusiasm riding waves positive energy two hour lesson great guy learn how step by step amazing experience look no further beautiful barbados visiting barbados sea turtles christian safety
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Can't imagine a better way to spend a day in Barbados than surfing with Christian! Not only a excellent teacher, but a great person who will go above and beyond to make sure that your surfing lesson is fun, safe and a memory to last a lifetime. Truly #1.

Date of experience: December 2012
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Tess Thanks for writing the review! Keep training and shred those waves in Bali just like how you did here in Barbados. Make sure to take lots of pics. Keep well and keep smiling!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Boosy, thank you for my best day of surfing to date...can you call it surfing with all your fantastic pushes? Not sure but at any rate, I had the best rides of my life. I am just totally stoked on the day, 2 hours with you at Freights, 3 1/2 gallons of coconut water, 5 bottles of Aunt May's Bajan Pepper Sauce and 2 sandwiches from Cuz...now that is a damn good day!!! Can't wait to be back... "I feel more comfortable than she looks!" ;) xoxo

Date of experience: May 2013
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

The waves were definitely more challenging but you ain't no push over! Strong like bull said in a Russian accent of course! Thanks again Kristen for surfing with me and writing this review. It's always a great time with you!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I went two summers ago with a girlfriend and we met Christian at a local bar, he offered surf lessons and of course we took it. This was the second time learning to surf, but the first time i failed, this time with Christian I got up and it was a lot of fun. It is a very local experience and he is a great trainer. He picks you up and supplies the boards, and then after if he youre "cool" enough he will take you to a local lunch spot. :)
It definitely was the best experience of surfing that I have had so far, and it definitely makes me want to go back.

Go SURFING WHILE YOU ARE THERE ITS WORTH IT!!

Date of experience: August 2012

Better late than never! Farren Thanks for taking the time o write this review. I know there is still a lot of world for you and Andrea to travel and see but always know that you all are most welcome back here. :-) All your pics on FB from your travels are inspiring. Thanks again and all he best.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

As a very beginner surfer, I was super jazzed to learn that we could go for a lesson in Barbados. We heard about Boosy’s Surf School from a local, and ended up taking multiple lessons with Christian. It was a great feeling to move beyond an instructor just pushing us into waves – he explained things so well and really helped us improve. People, location, and lesson were all fantastic – would return in a heartbeat.

Date of experience: May 2013
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Super Jazzed!!!!!! It was great to meet you and EZ and helping you all to understand your surfing a bit more was my pleasure! Now you all be careful in those mountings with all those odds and goods and odd goods everywhere. LOL....... Seriously though keep well work hard as I know you all do. Ou all are always welcome back, see you at Sol for happy hour! You all are a great couple! Thanks for everything!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Fantastic beginner's surf lesson for our family - kids were 7, 11 and 13. We are all novices and Christian managed to get us all standing up and surfing a wave in by the end of the two hour lesson. We were even joined by green turtles. It was a highlight of our time in Barbados.

Date of experience: May 2013

You all represented NZ in great fashion. Still think doing the Haka like the rugby team would be awesome. Learn that one for next time we surf. Great kids all troopers, it will be a great adventure watching them grow up and learn all kinds of new things. Thanks for surfing with me I hope you all will keep it up. Thanks for the review! Wishing you all the very best!