“Boosy's positive energy and expertise make a top notch experience!”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chico, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Boosy's positive energy and expertise make a top notch experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Not only does Christian Booze have a great name, he's got an incredible personality to match. He is personable, knowledgeable, and fun. Christian offers great instruction before getting in the water, and lots of help once in it. I would highly recommend his classes to anyone wanting to learn to surf, or catch a wave for the advanced surfer, in Barbados!!

1 Thank KymCoco
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Kym just want to start by saying that postcard with the picture of us Is the first one anyone has made. I carry it in my book everyday, also it will be going up on my website with a link to this review. Yew!!!!!!!! By the way you shred!!!! It was a great day and I am glad you got to ride a few waves whilst on vacation here. Your mom and Beth rocked! Still hoping to surf more with your sister but we have conflicting schedules so we'll figure it out eventually. Thanks for surfing with me and Thanks for the review!

“Christian was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my GF went down to Lawrence Gap for some RR... Met some friendly locals ,talking to Christian for awhile and he booked on the spot , no worries" see ya tomorrow " He picked us up , gave us our " Ground School".

"I'm a 40 yr old Canadian rec Hockey player... I was up on my second try thanks to Boosy!
A turtle even checked us out.!!

Thanks from

Chris and Ginette

Visited April 2013
Awesome how life works! We sit at a bar that clearly promotes another surf school and you all manage to come surfing with me! It was a great surfing lesson as well! Have a rocking summer and see you all sometime in the near future! Go ahead and buy that place in Barbados! Thanks for the review!
Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome! Couldn't have asked for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Thanks so much Christain. If you are looking for a top notch professional and even better a friendly instructor "Boosy" is your only option. He takes his time and gives you the instruction you need as a first timer or someone who needs a little refresher. Thanks again

Visited April 2013
Once you are happy and feel accomplished then I am happy and feel accomplished! Have a fantastic summer, get in a surf if you can. Thanks for this review! These reviews help me to go forward and keep improving in the teachings of my lesson.
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome lesson with Christian Boos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a group of 6 people and an unfortunately small clown car sized rental. Christian arranged to have half of our group picked up in the morning so we could all make it to the lesson together. He also relocated the lesson because of weather and picked the appropriate location for our abilities. Christian was very patient and fun to learn from. Despite our varying levels of experience and altheticism, we all got up on the boards after a few tries! I was thrilled because I had had a lesson once prior in Costa Rica that did not result in me getting up on the board. The way Boosy taught us made it so much easier to understand, slow it down, get up and enjoy the experience! I'd recommend his lessons 100% and I will be sure to take another lesson from him in the future!

Visited April 2013
Girl you got MADD skillz!!!!!! Quit our job and keep surfing, you have found your calling! :-) It was a great time. Thanks for surfing with me and Thanks for wiring this review! It's a good thing we went to the other location I taught at Freights later that day and got my butt kicked! Lol
Toronto
“Best surf instructor in Barbados”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Took 5 of my friends to Christian for a morning lesson. Had his main man Russel shuttle our group from the house we rented to the surf beach. Not only was he professional he also made it very fun and educational. Every single one of the group got up and smiles for all. The small group sizes makes for great 1 on 1 instruction. Christians personality makes the sport approachable and most of all FUN! I recommend Boosy's for anyone wanting to try out surfing or if you need a little refresher. He also does board rentals for those who don't want to bring a board down.

Visited April 2013
Pebbles doesn't often break so scoring it that day was perfect! Very cool group of friends and I just wanted to say Thanks for bringing them surfing with me! Let me know when ou all are planning the Barbados surfing vacation! Thanks for writing this review!