“Fantastic”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Took my girlfriend for her first surf lesson with Boosy, had a fantastic time! Excellent surf instructor and great guy!

Visited January 2013
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Kieran buddy hope you and your lady are well. Thanks for writing the review. Come back and surf any time!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surf Lessons”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I never thought I would get off solid.ground, but I'm glad I did. My surf sessions were exhilarating. Boosy is an excellent instructor, knowledgeable, informative, patient and thorough. Though this is supposed to be a two hour session, Boosy does not 'watch the clock'. I think he's having as much fun as we are.
Thank you so much for a great experience. I hope to have a go at it again in the not so distant future. Hope to see you again.

Visited December 2012
Donna my surfer girl hope all is well with you and G. I haven't seen the girls since but when they are ready to surf they will come. I saw Barbara recently and asked when she was coming again. You all rocked and it was a great time. When you all return we will surf again. Tell G Thanks for that awesome video he put together. Thanks for writing the review!
Parker, CO
218 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Kind, patient, ad fun!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

When I arrived for my lesson, I discovered that Boosy did not take Credit Cards, and I was quite short of $$$ due the outrageous taxi fare I was charged to get there. Christian was so kind, he said ' Barbados hospitality, my treat'. Now, I am not as agile as I used to be, and a bit overweight, so I had wayyyy over-estimated my abilities. He was kind, patient, and we practiced on the beach before heading in. Well, I couldn't stand up on the board, due lack of upper body strength, but it was fun anyway! I ended up quitting early as I was getting sea-sick...yep! How embarassing is that! Anyway, we ended up with a beer and lunch. He was ever so delightful, and could have sent me on my way....but inside, he proved that island hospitality is alive and well in Barbados! Give him a try! It's FUN!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank WorldTvlerParker_CO
It's been a while but I have not forgotten. Thanks for surfing with me and thanks for he delicious lunch at Surfers Cafe after surfing. Hope all is ling well with the cycling and horses. Keep enjoying your world travels and keep well. Thanks for writing the review!
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I can't wait to come back and do another lesson with Christian! I had never surfed before and was jumping up and riding by the end of my first lesson! Thanks again!

Colleen and Sean

1 Thank Colleen C
Colleen I hope you and Sean are well. Boards are waxed and ready to surf, book those tickets and get here. Thanks for the review!
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“the best of barbados”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

There's a reason Boosy's surf school has so many glowing reviews on Tripadvisor, more than any other surf school in Barbados. I haven't even left the island and I am already posting a
review because surfing for a few days with Chris was the
highlight of my trip. When you go surfing with Chris, you are really
in the water with him. He doesn't pawn you off to some employee. He will watch your waves and give you precise feedback and advice -- he will never tell you that you
just have to "feel it". He is thoughtful and encouraging, a great
instructor and a super nice person to boot.

One morning we paddled out at a break I normally
would have backed away from, but with his positive energy and
supportive attitude I didn't think twice and caught some of the bigger
waves of my trip. Later on, even when I was only renting a board from him, he
was still yelling encouraging words across the line up.

Whether you are a total beginner or a more experienced surfer, if you are looking around for a great surfing experience in Barbados, don't waste your time and money going elsewhere. You have found the real deal with Christian Boos.

2 Thank grnwvs2013
Tasili you came to me with a lot of understanding and your various techniques were on point. Just the slight adjustments of weight distribution such as moving that back foot forward helped out a lot. Thanks for surfing with me and Thanks for writing this review!