“A great lesson, and lots of fun.”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 28, 2012

While my boyfriend and I were in Barbados we wanted to try surfing. We weren't sure what to expect but ended up having an awesome time! Christian was a great teacher and made the experience lots of fun. He showed us how to get up on the surfboard on land and then took us into the water. While we were surfing he gave us lots of tips on how to improve. We had a great time and would recommend Boosy's surf school to anyone who want's to give surfing a go.

Britney and Mat

1  Thank Britney N
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Hey Britney and Matt I hope your 2013 is off to a great start. I just wanted to say Thanks for taking the time to write this review. When back in Bim we will surf and if any friends are heading this way I will take care of them. Keep surfing wherever your travels may lead you. All the best!

All reviews
"amazing experience"
in 19 reviews
"first timers"

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We contacted Christian whilst we were visiting Barbados in September 2012, he had been highly recommended by a local chap who we knew, he comments were "If you want the best then he's your man". What he failed to say is that he is very professional, articulate individual who places you completely at ease from the moment you meet to the moment your unfortunately leave. He very kindly took my Daughter of 17 & Son of 20 out for a lesson both of whom have never surfed prior to the visit, within ten mins of the lesson you could here the laughter from them all & you would not have thought that my two were total beginners. I did unfortunately need to cancel Christian on the morning of the 1st original lesson date due to my son becoming ill the previous evening. I did think that Christian would be slightly unhappy to say the least with the timing and late cancelation call but completely to his credit he stated that "that was life and hoped that my son became well again soon", as a consequence I thanked him for his comments and booked him for the very next day. Its a pity a lot more people dont adopt this professional attitude & understanding to life in general. I would like to thank Christian again for his kindness, understanding and thoughtfulness which he showed to all of my family on those days and would have no hesitation in endorsing him along with our "local Friend" as a very professional surfing instructor who is also a genuin human being.

Barry Neary (Southampton England)

Thanks for the review. It was good to meet you and your family. Next time you will have to have a go yourself. Your kids worked hard and that always makes the success that much sweeter. Wishing you all the best in 2013!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you ever come through Barbados and have a spare day you should go surfing with Christian.
He is an awesome surf teacher, i learned the basics in a day and even ended up catching bigger waves on my own at the east cost 2 weeks later.

This was one of the best experiences i ever made. Thanks for all, Christian!!!

Hope to come back soon surfing in Barbados.

Daniel

1  Thank Daniel Z
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Daniel my brother you are a hard worker and the results followed........Thanks for surfing with me and it was great to meet you. You're off to a great start with your surfing and now you have every reason to visit Bali with your friends. If ever you feel to return to Barbados always know you are welcome and we will surf again. Take care of yourself and keep in touch. I will follow your future success stories on FB. Thanks for taking the time to write this review!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in Barbados and fancied giving surfing a go. Christian had been highly recommended, so I emailed him and we were booked in for lessons the next day. He picked us up and took us along to Surfers Point where we learned all about the right stance and actions on the board. When out in the water, we were each given feedback after each wave making it a real one-to-one experience! We had so much fun and were buzzing after catching our first waves! We booked in for more lessons and absolutely loved every minute.

If you are thinking of going to Barbados and want to go surfing, we cannot recommend Christian enough. He made the lessons fun and really knows his stuff - we felt we learnt so much from him in a short space of time! It really was a fantastic experience and a memory we shall have with us forever. It's just a shame that it's not quite the same surfing conditions here in Scotland!

Julie and Jamie

1  Thank Julie W

Julie Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence. It was great to meet you and Jamie i just wish he had felt better so he could have surfed in the 2nd lesson. After you all left it seems to have gotten even hotter so i know Jamie would be happy to be back in Scotland. You all are always welcome back and if you have any questions regarding places to stay either for yourselves or friends feel free to ask. Keep well and live it up!!!!!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife, son and I all had our first ever surf lesson with Boosys during our recent holiday in Barbados. Christian was a fantastic tutor and had us all riding a wave within a couple of hours. Boosys enthusiasm and passion are obvious which creates an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Harry talked about nothing else all night so had another lesson later in the week catching his own waves etc, I would recommend anyone to try surfing with Boosys even a 43yr old who can't even skate can learn to surf...

1  Thank GEBf11

Hey Garrett Thanks for coming surfing with me and Thanks for the Brilliant review. It was a pleasure to meet you all. My parents never surfed with me, so whenever i teach parents and children in a group its always a special time. I can see the new dynamic and respect that is being forged into the relationship. I know that Harry was impressed and will remember his 13th birthday forever. I hope to see you all back in Barbados one day. Take care and I wish you all the very best!