“Great family fun”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Wakefield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great family fun”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife, son and I all had our first ever surf lesson with Boosys during our recent holiday in Barbados. Christian was a fantastic tutor and had us all riding a wave within a couple of hours. Boosys enthusiasm and passion are obvious which creates an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Harry talked about nothing else all night so had another lesson later in the week catching his own waves etc, I would recommend anyone to try surfing with Boosys even a 43yr old who can't even skate can learn to surf...

1 Thank GEBf11
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Hey Garrett Thanks for coming surfing with me and Thanks for the Brilliant review. It was a pleasure to meet you all. My parents never surfed with me, so whenever i teach parents and children in a group its always a special time. I can see the new dynamic and respect that is being forged into the relationship. I know that Harry was impressed and will remember his 13th birthday forever. I hope to see you all back in Barbados one day. Take care and I wish you all the very best!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My amazing experience with boosys surf school!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This August (2012) I went surfing for the first time with the legendary instructor Christian, known as Boosy. I was a little nervous but he reassured me with his calm and highly informative teaching. Step by step tutoring, he gives a personal touch to everything he does, starting with techniques on land to guiding you into the water. He is with you every step off the way, smiling and cracking jokes! He will push you as much as you wish...we all got up first time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was a full on lesson where he aimed to get the best our of us all, no rest for the wicked! He has truly made me love surfing..I really can't wait to do it again! It's an amazing basis that you need to have as a beginner. I can't rate it enough!

1 Thank AthenaAnastasiou
Athena it was great to see you and the girls again after all this time. Having you all come surfing with me and having a full on surfing lesson and seeing who i am today and how i'm living was really important to me. It was great that the 3 of you got to meet my son and the real brains behind the operation Tash. I really hope that it won't be another 8 years until i see you all again. Until next we meet take care of yourself and Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Make sure to go surfing any chance you get - You girls rocked!!!!!!!!!
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another Day in Paradise”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great surfing lesson from a super pleasant pro rider at a reasonable price. Everyone in our group was a beginner(between 19 and 22yrs old from Canada) and was able to surf the waves on their own after the session, thanks to the instructor's learning techniques, knowledge and patience. Boosy provided with transportation to a gorgeous/almost private location in Oistins. Boosy's Surf school is a must if you ever visit Barbados and want to have a memorable experience!

1 Thank Michel I
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Michel you all were really impressive.........1st lesson and all of you managed to catch your own waves and ride them on more than one occasion. It was an Awesome lesson!!!!! Oh yeah remember what we (the group) discussed at Cafe Sol over the Margaritas after the surfing lesson, if you all need help finding a place to stay when you all want to return just let me know. Until then my friend live it up and count your blessings. Surfing in Barbados Rocks!!!!!!! Thanks for the brilliant review!
West Sussex UK
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent again”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Having had a great time surffing with Christian (May 2010) we were back in Barbados this year. It wouldn't be complete without our two boys (10yrs and 13yrs) taking to the surf again for another two lessons. What can we say but just a brilliant experience for them - both at Freight's Bay then graduating to Surfers Point. Both beinging to "pop" and start to get control and turn the board! As for Christian just a natural enthuisastic teacher. We'll be back surfing with Boosy's.

1 Thank Robisons
Jack is the first person in a long time to come back wearing a Boosy's Surf School shirt........... Respect!!!!!! The boys are growing strong and after not having surfed for 2 years i was impressed at how fearless and how well they got on with the lessons. Must be time to buy those boys a couple of surfboards. :-) Thanks for the Excellent review again and we will see you next time. Tell the boys i say eat lots grow stronger and next time we will catch some bigger waves!!!!!!!
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Surf-tastic fun”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Just spent the morning learning to surf and had a truly excellent time. Boosy was patient, fun and super accurate in his feedback as he encourages you to get up on that board and ride that wave. You spend time on land learning how to get and then we were into the water for about two hours. Everyone in the group (about 6 all together) got to standing during the morning and all left tired but feeling they accomplished.

If you can take a rash vest and also slather the backs of your legs in water resistant sun screen. A completly great experience..... So much so that when my sunburn resides I shall be heading back for another go!

Could not recommend it more highly.

1 Thank Robyn H
Aussie Aussie Aussie.......... It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope to see those updates of you surfing back home. :-) Thanks for the review. Keep well.