“My amazing experience with boosys surf school!”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This August (2012) I went surfing for the first time with the legendary instructor Christian, known as Boosy. I was a little nervous but he reassured me with his calm and highly informative teaching. Step by step tutoring, he gives a personal touch to everything he does, starting with techniques on land to guiding you into the water. He is with you every step off the way, smiling and cracking jokes! He will push you as much as you wish...we all got up first time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was a full on lesson where he aimed to get the best our of us all, no rest for the wicked! He has truly made me love surfing..I really can't wait to do it again! It's an amazing basis that you need to have as a beginner. I can't rate it enough!

1  Thank AthenaAnastasiou
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Athena it was great to see you and the girls again after all this time. Having you all come surfing with me and having a full on surfing lesson and seeing who i am today and how i'm living was really important to me. It was great that the 3 of you got to meet my son and the real brains behind the operation Tash. I really hope that it won't be another 8 years until i see you all again. Until next we meet take care of yourself and Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Make sure to go surfing any chance you get - You girls rocked!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great surfing lesson from a super pleasant pro rider at a reasonable price. Everyone in our group was a beginner(between 19 and 22yrs old from Canada) and was able to surf the waves on their own after the session, thanks to the instructor's learning techniques, knowledge and patience. Boosy provided with transportation to a gorgeous/almost private location in Oistins. Boosy's Surf school is a must if you ever visit Barbados and want to have a memorable experience!

1  Thank Michel I
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Michel you all were really impressive.........1st lesson and all of you managed to catch your own waves and ride them on more than one occasion. It was an Awesome lesson!!!!! Oh yeah remember what we (the group) discussed at Cafe Sol over the Margaritas after the surfing lesson, if you all need help finding a place to stay when you all want to return just let me know. Until then my friend live it up and count your blessings. Surfing in Barbados Rocks!!!!!!! Thanks for the brilliant review!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Having had a great time surffing with Christian (May 2010) we were back in Barbados this year. It wouldn't be complete without our two boys (10yrs and 13yrs) taking to the surf again for another two lessons. What can we say but just a brilliant experience for them - both at Freight's Bay then graduating to Surfers Point. Both beinging to "pop" and start to get control and turn the board! As for Christian just a natural enthuisastic teacher. We'll be back surfing with Boosy's.

1  Thank Robisons

Jack is the first person in a long time to come back wearing a Boosy's Surf School shirt........... Respect!!!!!! The boys are growing strong and after not having surfed for 2 years i was impressed at how fearless and how well they got on with the lessons. Must be time to buy those boys a couple of surfboards. :-) Thanks for the Excellent review again and we will see you next time. Tell the boys i say eat lots grow stronger and next time we will catch some bigger waves!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just spent the morning learning to surf and had a truly excellent time. Boosy was patient, fun and super accurate in his feedback as he encourages you to get up on that board and ride that wave. You spend time on land learning how to get and then we were into the water for about two hours. Everyone in the group (about 6 all together) got to standing during the morning and all left tired but feeling they accomplished.

If you can take a rash vest and also slather the backs of your legs in water resistant sun screen. A completly great experience..... So much so that when my sunburn resides I shall be heading back for another go!

Could not recommend it more highly.

1  Thank Robyn H

Aussie Aussie Aussie.......... It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope to see those updates of you surfing back home. :-) Thanks for the review. Keep well.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Christian is amazing!!! I had no idea surfing was so attainable until getting lessons from Christian. He really is a great teacher! As a teacher myself, I have to say that I’m very impressed with his teaching style. He’s very patient and fun. If you don’t feel strong or confident about surfing, he is definitely the instructor for you – his teaching strategy can get you up on a wave in no time! He’s very supportive throughout your lesson and accommodating to everyone’s learning style. I’m 32 years young and took lessons with a group of kids ranging from 8-ish to 15-ish (give or take a couple years). I was really impressed at how well he was able to juggle all of us. All of us were able to get up on numerous waves! If you want personal attention and a truly fun surfing experience, I highly recommend you take lessons with Christian. I saw other surf schools in the water, and Christian was the only instructor that seemed to give personal attention to his students. He explains everything in a fun and easy to understand way before you get in the water. He knows his stuff! He’s always happy to answer any of your questions. He even instructs you while you’re ON the wave! And after each wave, he gives you tips on how to improve. On a personal note, he’s a genuine person and it’s very apparent that he loves to surf and truly enjoys teaching. His jokes and fun loving personality make your surfing experience one you will never forget. Thanks Christian for an amazing surfing experience!! You rock, man!!

Charmaine you Rock girl! Thanks for the Great review. To me this review says that what i am ultimately trying to achieve (teaching fun yet informative lessons) is working. Its always great when a teacher reviews my lessons and really breaks it down. You worked hard and you listened well and stuck to the game plan (strategy) and you owned it........ I hope you can find somewhere to surf over there. Keep well and island hop and come surfing when you're ready. Thanks again.