“Excellent again”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Having had a great time surffing with Christian (May 2010) we were back in Barbados this year. It wouldn't be complete without our two boys (10yrs and 13yrs) taking to the surf again for another two lessons. What can we say but just a brilliant experience for them - both at Freight's Bay then graduating to Surfers Point. Both beinging to "pop" and start to get control and turn the board! As for Christian just a natural enthuisastic teacher. We'll be back surfing with Boosy's.

1  Thank Robisons
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Jack is the first person in a long time to come back wearing a Boosy's Surf School shirt........... Respect!!!!!! The boys are growing strong and after not having surfed for 2 years i was impressed at how fearless and how well they got on with the lessons. Must be time to buy those boys a couple of surfboards. :-) Thanks for the Excellent review again and we will see you next time. Tell the boys i say eat lots grow stronger and next time we will catch some bigger waves!!!!!!!

All reviews
"amazing experience"
in 19 reviews
"first timers"

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just spent the morning learning to surf and had a truly excellent time. Boosy was patient, fun and super accurate in his feedback as he encourages you to get up on that board and ride that wave. You spend time on land learning how to get and then we were into the water for about two hours. Everyone in the group (about 6 all together) got to standing during the morning and all left tired but feeling they accomplished.

If you can take a rash vest and also slather the backs of your legs in water resistant sun screen. A completly great experience..... So much so that when my sunburn resides I shall be heading back for another go!

Could not recommend it more highly.

1  Thank Robyn H

Aussie Aussie Aussie.......... It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope to see those updates of you surfing back home. :-) Thanks for the review. Keep well.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Christian is amazing!!! I had no idea surfing was so attainable until getting lessons from Christian. He really is a great teacher! As a teacher myself, I have to say that I’m very impressed with his teaching style. He’s very patient and fun. If you don’t feel strong or confident about surfing, he is definitely the instructor for you – his teaching strategy can get you up on a wave in no time! He’s very supportive throughout your lesson and accommodating to everyone’s learning style. I’m 32 years young and took lessons with a group of kids ranging from 8-ish to 15-ish (give or take a couple years). I was really impressed at how well he was able to juggle all of us. All of us were able to get up on numerous waves! If you want personal attention and a truly fun surfing experience, I highly recommend you take lessons with Christian. I saw other surf schools in the water, and Christian was the only instructor that seemed to give personal attention to his students. He explains everything in a fun and easy to understand way before you get in the water. He knows his stuff! He’s always happy to answer any of your questions. He even instructs you while you’re ON the wave! And after each wave, he gives you tips on how to improve. On a personal note, he’s a genuine person and it’s very apparent that he loves to surf and truly enjoys teaching. His jokes and fun loving personality make your surfing experience one you will never forget. Thanks Christian for an amazing surfing experience!! You rock, man!!

Charmaine you Rock girl! Thanks for the Great review. To me this review says that what i am ultimately trying to achieve (teaching fun yet informative lessons) is working. Its always great when a teacher reviews my lessons and really breaks it down. You worked hard and you listened well and stuck to the game plan (strategy) and you owned it........ I hope you can find somewhere to surf over there. Keep well and island hop and come surfing when you're ready. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I recently visited Christian with my friend and our children aged between 9 -15. Most of us had never surfed before and all of us managed to ride the waves!
Christian is a knowledgeable, fun guy who has a great personality and will definitely have you up and surfing in no time. His instruction suits all, giving basic step sequences to complete novices like myself to recognising potential in individuals, giving them more advanced sequences to get up on that board and allowing them to ride the waves alone. We had an amazing experience Christian, you made our time with you fun and rewarding. When we visit Barbados again we shall definitely check you out!

Thank you!
Tammy, Jack & Alicia

Tammy both you and Hayley rocked the surf!!!!! I know you totally surprised yourselves, great feeling right?! Of course Lois, Jack and Alicia being whipper snappers were up and riding just about every wave. Now that the introduction has been made i hope to see everyone surfing when next in Barbados. Thanks for surfing with me and Thanks for this review. Tell everyone i say hi and see you all soon..............

See more reviews
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Chris Boos is the best surf instructor I've ever had. After surfing camps and lessons in five countries all over the world, I came to the conclusion that surf instructors are primarily day care teachers. They just push you into the wave and tell you what a great job you did, but they don't give good feedback and rarely can tell you how to change your stance, approach, mindset, etc.

Boosy is a totally different thing. He's both fun and highly professional. He can tell you exactly what you need to work on. He encourages you with every ride.

I'll always be grateful to Chris also because he let me rent a board and surf while my boyfriend (in his mid 50s and very successful on the board thanks to Boosy) took lessons. He also put his video camera on the board so that I'd see how I'd done - no extra charge because he was trying this out.

The other major surf instructor on the island wouldn't even talk to me about letting me rent without charging us both an arm and a leg.

Boosy is the BEST!!!

From the various places you had surfed before you managed to pick up some good things along the way and as i like to say and truly believe "if it is not broken it does not need fixing but we can always add to what is there and give it some thought and understanding". Keeping your head up looking where you're going when you pop up makes the world of difference. I hope all is well with you and Thanks for writing the review. I hope to see you all back in the future and we will get our surf on! All the best.