“Excellent surfing lesson”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Instructor picked us up from our hotel and we surfed at surfer's point on the south side of Barbados. Christan was an excellent instructor. He really broke down all the parts to surfing to help us learn from the bottom up. He was very enthusiastic, encouraging, and personable. Both my husband and I caught our first waves -- assisted and unassisted. Christan teaches at multiple locations and he will take you where the waves are best. Highly reccomend Boosy's surf school!

BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Hey Pam it was great to meet you all. I hope the arms are all recovered by now. Thanks for the fantastic review. Keep well and all the best. If you have any friends coming to Barbados be sure to tell them about me and i will take care of them to the best of my ability.

All reviews
"the east coast"
"visited barbados"
"sea turtles"

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Growing up in Barbados I have always wanted to learn to surf, but I have never got around to it. Recently I decided to just go for it and I contacted Christen. On the very first wave I was able to stand!!! I was very impressed. He is a great teacher and very patience. Looking forward to my next lesson.

BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for surfing with me and taking the time to write this review!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

On our trip to Barbados, my boyfriend and I decided to try surfing. Two friends of mine already tried it over the last year with Christian from Boosy's Surf School and they had nothing but good things to say about it so the natural thing to do was to go ahead and book a lesson with Christian! As we were staying at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort, on the South Coast, Christian came to pick us up at our hotel, which was awesome, considering we didn't rent a car. You can tell from the start that Christian is really passionate about surfing! He's so fun to be around and knows so much about Barbados. There weren’t any waves where we were supposed to have our lesson so we went to another location. Christian explained the basic on the ground, and then we went in the water: OMG, Christian is right when he says that the hardest thing is not to stand up on the board but to paddle!! Surfing really is quite an exercise but the feeling of finally standing up is wonderful!! And trust me; you will stand up with Christian as a teacher! Christian really knows how to teach and considering we had an entire 2 hours for just my boyfriend and I, you do learn at a fast speed. Did I mention that the price was ridiculously low?! Only $35/person, this is incredible for the quality class we had. I strongly recommend taking a class with Boosy's Surf School on a trip to Barbados: it’s a must! And don't forget to ask Christian about things to do for the rest of your trip: he loves Barbados, knows everything that’s going on around and will make sure you have an awesome vacation!

BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Thanks for the awesome review. It was great to meet you all. Make sure to come back sooner rather than later and bring your friends.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I've previously had surfing lessons in Hawaii and in Barbados (at a different surfing school), however, I have never learned so much in just 2 hours with Christian. My other instructors never told me what I was doing wrong, but Christian will let you know how to improve your skills.

I would strongly recommend Boosy's Surf School to anyone with an interest in learning to surf. Even as a newbie, you will have no problem getting up on the board and riding waves.

Once you've gotten up on the board and ridden a wave or two, you'll be hooked!

4  Thank Blkcloud

Well birthday girl it was a pleasure meeting you and Thanks so much for the great review. I hope you get to practice in some nice surf before i next see you. Until we next meet my friend keep well.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2011

A truly trilling ad fun experience! I have surfed with Christian on all my trips to Barbados and it has become a MUST DO activity for me when ever I visit. Just give him a call and arrange a pick up time and date. If you don’t get on to him immediately I guarantee you he WILL call you back. The fun begins the moment he picks you up. Christan gives gives you an idea of what to expect out on the surf, simple step by step instructions and tips all through the 3hr lesson, he is always with you. So have a light meal an hour or so before, pack your sunblock throw on your reef shoes (optional) and get ready for some fun in the sun!

2  Thank Colin H
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thanks for surfing with me and Thanks for taking the time to write this review!