“A great teacher makes all the difference....”

Boosy's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Christian has been surfing for 26 years and teaching for 10. He teaches all the lessons himself, and safety is Priority #1. He keeps his groups small and uses a GoPro camera on every lesson to record each student riding the waves. "I enjoy helping people to create and document great memories while surfing in Barbados." - Boosy Fee: US$50 /person Includes: South Coast transportation, surfboard, bottled water and GoPro video footage
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I've previously had surfing lessons in Hawaii and in Barbados (at a different surfing school), however, I have never learned so much in just 2 hours with Christian. My other instructors never told me what I was doing wrong, but Christian will let you know how to improve your skills.

I would strongly recommend Boosy's Surf School to anyone with an interest in learning to surf. Even as a newbie, you will have no problem getting up on the board and riding waves.

Once you've gotten up on the board and ridden a wave or two, you'll be hooked!

4  Thank Blkcloud
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Well birthday girl it was a pleasure meeting you and Thanks so much for the great review. I hope you get to practice in some nice surf before i next see you. Until we next meet my friend keep well.

All reviews
"the east coast"
"visited barbados"
"sea turtles"

Reviewed September 4, 2011

A truly trilling ad fun experience! I have surfed with Christian on all my trips to Barbados and it has become a MUST DO activity for me when ever I visit. Just give him a call and arrange a pick up time and date. If you don’t get on to him immediately I guarantee you he WILL call you back. The fun begins the moment he picks you up. Christan gives gives you an idea of what to expect out on the surf, simple step by step instructions and tips all through the 3hr lesson, he is always with you. So have a light meal an hour or so before, pack your sunblock throw on your reef shoes (optional) and get ready for some fun in the sun!

2  Thank Colin H
BoosyBarbados, Owner at Boosy's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I took two lessons from Christian while in Barbados for a long weekend. He provided amazing feedback during my lessons and provided me with tips on how to improve. Christian was extremely patient and incredibly positive. I improved during our time together and have been applying his instruction during lessons at home. My only regret is that we didn't have more time. I highly recommend Christian and strongly recommend multiple lessons while in Barbados. Awesome!

2  Thank CaliLove_17

Reviewed August 26, 2011

My daughter and I wanted to go surfing while in Barbados and we saw Boosy's flyer and gave him a call, he picked us up at our hotel the next morning and we had a truly awesome experience learning to surf! We were pleased to find out we were his only students that morning, so we really go our moneys worth. He is a natural teacher, he had me (53yo) and my 14 year old daughter up on our boards quickly and really focused on us learning the correct technique and not just rushing us through the lesson. He is a personable, really nice guy who was even quick to coach people surfing around us. I highly recommend him to others interested in learning to surf.

2  Thank Scott E

See more reviews
Reviewed August 22, 2011

For the last 8 months, I couldn't have found anyone better to teach me how to surf than Boosy. He has given me the confidence, skills, and motivation to be able to surf on my own. Not only did I learn to surf from him, but he also gave me advice and suggestions on how to buy a board for myself. I now have purchased a board to be able to surf when I want to.
He has taught all my friends who visit Barbados to surf, and I will continue to recommend him to anyone who comes to vacation/live here.
Anyone who wants to surf in Barbados should always give Boosy a call. You will learn surf skills and be able to use them for the rest of your life.
Thanks Boosy! :)