“The best way to experience Barbados and plan your trip.”

Barbados Surf Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Barbados Surf Trips is a full service surf vacation planning concierge. We work with each individual client to help you plan the exact surfing vacation you are looking for. We help book accommodations, airport transfers, car rental, surf tours, surf lessons, surfboard rentals, restaurants, activities.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best way to experience Barbados and plan your trip.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Melanie Pitcher is an incredible surf instructor and vacation planner. She treated our group like we were family and checked up on us just to make sure we were doing okay even when we were not with her. She gave us multiple levels of surf opportunities and always made sure we were safe in the water. I could not have felt more comfortable putting the kids in the water with anyone else. She always had great suggestions for places to go and things to do. she went out of her way for us many many times. I cannot give her a high enough recommendation!

Visited July 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Rad Surfing Trip in Barbados!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My sister and I just returned from a surfing trip in Barbados which we booked through Melanie. Not only did Melanie organize car rentals, ocean front apartments and board rentals but she invited my sister and I to a few local surfing spots with her. Melanie was extremely helpful and we appreciated her "taking us under her wing" and letting us tagalong to a few spots that we never would have found on our own.

I would recommend Melanie to anyone interested in going to Barbados, my sister and I credit the amazing time we had to her! We came back unable stop raving about the trip. I can't wait to go back one day, I wouldn't have a changed a thing :)

Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Toronto, Canada
“April 13 - 20, 2013”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After much deliberation viewing multiple online reviews and websites Barbados surf trips helped us to choose our accommodation at the Ocean Spray apartments as well as booking our hire car for us, giving us directions to get around and some valuable surf spot information. We had surf the whole week we were in Barbados and could not have been happier with everything that Surf Barbados planned for us. Just wish we could have stayed longer!

New York City, New York
“Barbados Surfing”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family (wife and two boys, 15 &17) recently planned a surfing trip to Barbados, we were short on time 4-days coming in from NYC so we were looking for help with maximizing our time and the opportunity to catch some waves. I corresponded with Melanie Pitcher to plan our trip. Melanie arranged a car for us so when we arrived at the airport we we ready to go. She met us at our condo with a selection of boards to choose from as well as recommendations for dinner and surf spots based on the conditions of that day and predictions for the next three. What service! We were on our way immediately and into some fun waves at Brandons that afternoon.

Melanie then offered to bring another board the next day as she thought it would be a good fit for me. We met at a surf spot, again, great service and just a really cool laid back attitude.

We met in the water the next day at Freights goofing around in some small waves, warm water and a lot smiles.

I would highly recommend connecting with Melanie, she is not only extremely knowledgeable of Barbados' many surf areas but so accommodating in trying to help us enjoy our surfing vacation.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent experience in Barbados with Melanie of Barbados Surf Trips”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visited Barbados with my family for spring break first of April and to surf. First time Barbados and I used Melanie as my guide and she was fantastic! Did a private half day guide with Melanie to get to know the lay of the land and surf spots, she hooked me up and we got some good waves and her young daughter even surfed with us for a bit which was great! In addition to surf guide I rented my board from Melanie and she also suggested a great condo on Dover Beach which we rented to our great satisfaction. She was helpful with directions, tips on things to do, restaurants, and was always available via phone if I had a question.

There are many other surf guides on Barbados but you are not going to find any better than Melanie, a life long resident of Barbados, excellent surfer, and just fun to be around. She will make you feel at home in Barbados!! We will return!!