“Great Trip...”

Barbados Surf Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Barbados Surf Trips is a full service surf vacation planning concierge. We work with each individual client to help you plan the exact surfing vacation you are looking for. We help book accommodations, airport transfers, car rental, surf tours, surf lessons, surfboard rentals, restaurants, activities.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Thanks Melanie for helping my wife and I have a great trip! We appreciated the direction to the book the Silver Point Hotel. Close proximity to the airport, surf breaks and restaurants were positives. My wife was 6 months pregnant at the time... the day beds were perfect for her to relax and read. The hotel was a short drive (5 mins) from 3 breaks helping me to get in 1-2 surfs a day but still spend qt with my wife. The board and car rental were very easy...both dropped at our hotel. All in all a great trip...can't wait to come back soon.

-Mike

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Melanie arranged a rental car delivery and delivered and picked up a a rental board to our hotel. It was all very smooth. She is very friendly and down to earth. She had great recommendations of things to do, where to surf, and is very knowledgeable of the island. If you need some good direction in planning a trip from a local who will steer you right, call Melanie!

SurfFlower, Owner at Barbados Surf Trips, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed Barbados and all it has to offer. It was nice to meet you, come back soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We booked this excursion 2 years ago and had such a good time that we re-booked with Melanie in Dec 2011. I re-confirmed our reservation 3 days prior to our cruise stop. Melanie picked us up and told us she had decided to retire and was going to bring us to another surf school. I was a little perturbed that within 3-days of our conversation she was "retiring", but was glad that she took us to another school. Barry's surf school is awesome!!! When we booked with Melanie, transportation was included. It was obvious that she had a busy day with her kids and preparing for Christmas, and told us that we could take a cab back to the port, which would have been a minimum of $40. Melanie did end up doing the right thing and picked us up at an agreed upon time.

Barry's Surf school took very good care of us and had a much nicer beach and located in a great area.

2  Thank ladycat23

First of all I am glad to hear you had a great experience with me in 2009 and decided to book your surf lessons with me again in 2011. Thank you.
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your experience with me this time around. I do however find fault with your review due to the fact that there are 4 issues that are not true.

First we were in contact 10 days before your day in Barbados not 3. I had still been teaching surf lessons at that time and struggling with pain in my hands and joints due to years of pushing people into waves, I had been very busy up to the time of your arrival and the pain was becoming worse. I decided it was best to take you to my friend Barry who could offer you a much better surf lesson than I could with the way I was feeling.

Second, I did not drop you off and tell you to take a cab back to the port. I gave you and your family a choice. 1. You could have your 2 hour surf lesson and then stay on and enjoy the day, maybe have lunch, and then you could use the surfboards again at no extra charge, and then get a cab back to the port, at your leisure, as the ships dont leave till 4-5pm. A nice way to enjoy the day in Barbados. OR 2. I can pick you up after your lesson at 12pm and take you back to the port. You chose the latter and I picked you back up and dropped you back to the port.

Third, the cab would not have been US$40 it would have been US$25

and Forth, I DID make it right. You enjoyed your surfing experience!

Now since my "retirement" has been publicly announced I will make a statement for my future and past guest who may be reading this.

I am suffering with the beginnings of arthritis in my hands. The pain has lessened since taking a break and am feeling much better. After 5 years of teaching surfing, which I really love, I have decided to ease off of the everyday (4hrs/day or more) lessons. I will be specializing in teaching kids and doing more intermediate/advanced surf tours. I will continue helping my guest plan their surf trips to Barbados, as I enjoy helping people make the most out of their surf vacation.
I will still be offering surf lessons to all of my clients as I am now working with excellent instructors with years of experience who will take good care of you and make sure you experience the thrill of surfing.
After 16 years of business in the surf tourism industry in Barbados I am looking forward to the NEXT 16 years.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was not able to bring my own surfboard from the UK due to the air company not carrying boards. However Melanie came to the rescue with an amazing Aloha 6'6" shortboard which meant i was able to surf during my holiday.
As well as dropping off the board at my hotel so it was waiting for me when we arrived Melanie was very chilled about the small ding I put in the board.

I would recommend Melanie and her company to anyone going to Barbados who wants to rent a decent short board (ie not a beginner board)

3  Thank ELRiley
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Melanie was extremely helpful in planning our trip. She was able to book our jeep rental for us and our hotel. It took a lot of stress off of us knowing that she had it all taken care of. I would highly recommend using melanie at Surf Barbados. Thanks for the great vacation. We will be back soon!