“Clean, central to activity and beaches and very nice”

Bloom Dale's Beach Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Bloom Dale's Beach Apartments
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Clean, central to activity and beaches and very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed at the Bloom Dales Beach Apartments in January 2011 for 3 days and my family and I found it to be very clean, nice and we loved the fact that we were close to all the activity, Oistins and the beautiful beaches such as Miami were in walking distance. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Access to the internet was great and all in all it was a great location at a good price and very clean!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank dimpledot22

Solo
Business
Oxford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

I had regular contact with the owner Andrew before I departed for Barbados as Andrew was not able to take an advance deposit for our reservation but agreed to give us a $10 US deposit per a night.. I spoke to Andrew the night before departing to Barbados to confirm flight details. Andrew confirmed he had our reservation details and informed me that he would arrange for us to be collected from the airport

We were collected from the airport by Sonia who is the housekeeper and she was kind enough to wait for our plane which was slightly delayed. On arrival at Bloom dales we was briefly shown our room by Sonia who quickly informed us that she had been instructed to collect the money for our stay but was unaware of the discount. I made a phone call to Andrew who arrived at the accommodation in less than 10 mins and confirmed our discounted rate and took payment and left as quickly as he had arrived.

That evening I noticed that our TV had no channels and tried to re tune it. After about 30 mins I gave Andrew a call who informed me that the cable TV was not working due to a fault within the cable company. That evening once out and about in Barbados it was apparent that all the bars etc had fully functioning cable TV. The next morning I called Andrew who confirmed he would get a technician to come and look at our TV. The technician arrived 4 days later and first fitted a TV aerial, he was only able to tune in 1 channel, but the picture was not clear. I queried with Andrew in regards to the cable and Andrew informed me he was unsure when the Cable TV would be working but promised he would contact the Cable Company to find out.

On returning home one evening at 9pm I was surprised that we had no electric in our apartment and immediately looked outside to see if anyone else had been affected but everywhere else excluding Bloom dales had electric. I then called Andrew but got no response so left a message on his mobile phone. As I did not get a call back from Andrew I called the out of hours emergency number at 9.15pm but got no answer and left another voice message on the emergency contact number explaining what had happened and requested he contact me ASAP. Due to not receiving any call back we was unable to go out that evening due to having no lights to see our clothes, make up etc and get ready. Luckily the shower was working so I was able to get a shower and wash off the sand from the lovely Miami Beach. It was a very uncomfortable night due to no AC or fans . I was home alone that night and was very scared and it even crossed my mind that someone had cut our electric wires in order to enter our apartment with ease during the night, I slept with a butter knife ( due to no sharp knives in kitchen) and panic alarm under my pillow.

At apx 7 am I woke up and still no electric , I tried again to call Andrews' contact numbers but did not get any response . Due to the power cut our fridge and freezer had been off all night and everything in our freezer had spoiled and cartons of juice exploded so no nice cold drinks or snacks after a very hot night. At 9:30 am Andrew appeared and apologised for the power fault in his apartments and showed us an electric box which is located outside of the apartment and a simple click of the switch reactivated our electric. I thanked Andrew for this and queried why nobody answered the out of hours emergency number, Andrew apologised AGAIN and explained as he has 2 jobs he was tired and was therefore sleeping. Andrew informed us that this a problem as it was hurricane/rainy season and as it was thundering and lightening this caused the power cut. As our fridge and freezer had been off all night I asked if our food and drinks would be replaced. I was gobsmacked when Andrew said that he was unable to give us a refund but advised us to write a list of spoilt items and we would be able to get our money back from his insurance company CLICO. The items that spoilt totalled apx $60 Barbados dollars which is apx £20 uk or $25us, I informed Andrew of this and asked if we would get our money back before we left the island in 8 days, Andrew said he was unsure??. I requested that Andrew refund us for our items out of his pocket as I was sure his policy excess would be more than $60 Barbados and he could get the money from his insurance company if he felt it was finically viable to pursue the claim. Andrew POINT BLANK refused this request. Disappointed with this I asked for a refund for the next 7 nights but was again told this was not possible due to us wanting to leave due to an insurance problem!!!!

I stayed in apartment number 2 which is located on the top floor. The accommodation itself is in a great location 5 mins walk from the beach and apx 10 mins walk from Oistins. The amenities however were very old and needed fixing or replacing. The kettle did not work, the towel rail was unusable as if you touched it, it fell apart. The Kitchen equipment is VERY minimal and has lots of red ants around the sink, window and if you leave anything out on the sides even for a minute these ants will be all over your food. The tiles in the bathroom were broken and instead of replacing them they stuck mats over the missing floor tiles

The best thing about these apartments is the location as it is on a great bus route for the ZR Mini vans and government buses. 5 mins walk to beach and 10 min walk to Oistins.

What I didn't like

1. The fact that our bed sheets were not changed once and when Sonia the house keeper noticed me washing our bed sheets she informed me that she usually changes the bed sheets but did not explain why she was not actually changing the bed sheets . I asked Andrew why they did not change the bedding he responded they do not like to go into apartments because guest have private stuff and they do not want to go in rooms in case of any reports of items going missing!!!! Andrew was quick to add that the apartments are self contained.
2 No Electric.
3 Manager Andrew was aware before we left UK that the TVs’ were not working but decided not to mention this when I spoke to him the night before we departed. I queried with him why he did not mention this to us as if we had been aware of the TV problem we would of never checked in. Andrew did not have a response for this question
4. Manager Andrew was aware it was rainy season but did not show us what to do if we had a power cut on arrival
5 Any problem reported to Andrew he reminded us that he gave us a $10 us dollar discount per a night.
6 Manager unreasonable
7 Manager refused to refund our money when we was clearly not happy with the accommodation due to not getting the service advertised

8 Did not receive a refund for our spoilt items which spoilt over night due to power cut and the manager sleeping

9 No Cable TV or clear TV Channels

10 Manager unsympathetic /caring to customers’ needs

I have not heard from Andrew since leaving Bloom dales and believe I never will. I would not recommend these apartments to a friend or enemy. Andrew could of tried to rectify these problems by paying for the food that spoilt due to him sleeping, Instead he decides to drive around the island in his Black rimmed out Lexus 300 like he has not got a care in the world.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
21 Thank Msryde

Travelers are raving about these Christ Church Parish hotels

Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

Location of bloom dale beach apartment made it a really quaint and ideal. Its at the corner of a bus stop located in residential location in Oistins, the town centre only a 5 minute walk away with karoake bars and local barbeque cook shops, and a literally 2 minute walk to the Miami Beach. Our studio apartment (self catering accommodation)was small yet cosy ,clean and comfortable. My b/f and I enjoyed our stay and both Sonia and Andrew Daniel (Operators) made us feel very welcome and offered us airport transfers to and from the apartment at no extra cost. The laundry facility was also open to us at no additional cost. Supermarkets, restaurants, hotspots, bridgetown (the capital) is in close proximity. I really enjoyed my stay and had to inform trip advisor about it.

During our stay we also went to the Boatyard and did a catamaran cruise on the hat wave which was excellent and we also went to waterfront cafe for dinner in the night. which ended a beautiful evening in Bridgetown bardbados.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple