“A Great First Time Surfing Experience”

Zed's Surfing Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Ranked 7th best surf school in the world by National Geographic in 2012, Zed's Surfing Adventures offers lessons with two classes each day. We have the widest selection of surfboard rentals here in Barbados. Located right on the surf break at Surfer's Point, there are lounge chairs, rest room facilities for surfers and families watching, and plenty of drinks and food from the Surfers Point cafe! Pick up service complimentary from South Coast hotels.
Toronto, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Great First Time Surfing Experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent a morning with Junior, one of the Zed's instructors for a beginner surfing lesson. He was a great instructor and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had always wanted to try surfing, and what better place than Freights Bay in Barbados. It started out a bit rough as our reservation had been lost or misunderstood so we didn't get picked up on time, but fortunately we were staying just down the road from Freights Bay so we met the group there. Once we got going it was great and Junior ensured we got our full time on the water. With his patient instruction we were able to get up on our first time on a surfboard so we thought it was a great experience. One thing to note is that we were part of a group of surfers getting instruction, all at various skill levels, so the instructors attention was divided a bit. He managed it really well...but if you're looking for one on one instruction make sure that's what you ask for.

1 Thank midazolamintor

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“If happiness was a place in the world, this place would be it!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

After what seemed like a long wait (a year and a bit) I finally made my way back to Barbados and Surfer's Point. I was worried that I had hyped up Zed's so much that this second trip wouldn't live up to my memories, but I quickly realized there was no need to worry. The moment I walked through the entrance to Surfer's Point I immediately felt like I was home and I couldn't stop smiling. Zed, his family, and his friends have an amazing operation going. Zed's great personality is infectious and he surrounds himself with people who love life as much as he does.

The apartments at Surfer's Point are quaint and perfect for an island getaway. It quickly becomes your home away from home. The veranda on my apartment was just steps from the beach and falling asleep/waking up to the sound of the waves is something that you definitely miss once you get back to your real home.

My second day there I had my first surf lesson of the trip and it was a success, so were the other two surf lessons that I took during my time there. Junior is the BEST surf instructor on the island. He answered all of my questions with a smile, gave be a huge amount confidence and just made sure that I was having fun the whole time. I improved a lot since my last time at Zed's and I owe this all to Junior and all of his tips and tricks.

Then there is the food! Sherold in the little cafe at Surfer's Point will cook you up something good. My personal favourite is the BLT, but I would also recommend the fish cutter and whatever she has on special. On Saturday nights Sherold stays late for the Surfer's Point BBQ where all of the apartment guests and other invited guests get to feast on local, fresh, delicious food while hanging out and chatting under the stars. This BBQ can't be beat!

Everyone at Zed's is there because they love the place and this comes through in all they do. Claudia and Maurizio can help you with whatever you need, whether it is getting a taxi, arranging a snorkel trip or finding a good restaurant. They want you to have a good time and enjoy their island, so they will recommend the best of the best and sometimes hidden gems you won't be able to find in a tourist guide.

If you are looking to be in the middle of the hustle and bustle of resorts Zed's is not the place, but if you want to surround yourself with beautiful island views and the friendliest, happiest people, then I suggest Zed's Surf Adventures and Surfer's Point.

On my last day it was hard to say goodbye again and I found myself planning a third trip back before I even officially capped of this second one.

2 Thank Eliz_Chip
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Surf Vacation at Zed's”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We are just back from an absolutely perfect vacation. The entire staff at Zed's made our first trip to Barbados one to remember. We stayed in the Seacat, where we had a beautiful view of and easy access to the beach. Accommodations were excellent. Surf lessons with Junior were fantastic. After a very nervous start, he (and the other instructors) had me up and standing on my board and enjoying every minute! Truly our best surf lessons ever. Saturday night barbecue with the other guests and Claudia and Zed and the staff was a treat! Extraordinary hospitality and truly lovely people. We are already planning our next visit. --Dave and Stephanie

2 Thank stephanie_dave
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“best warm water surfing trip I've had”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at Zed's for a week - best surf trip I've had. Surfers Point right in front of us and Freights a few minutes drive away. Lovely apartment with terrace and wonderful views. Great food on site and Saturday evening barbeque. Loads of boards to hire . Surf instructors that got my non surfing other half, up standing on the 2nd lesson and having fun. Warm welcoming people who couldn't be more helpful. Have to go back soon ..

2 Thank pcta
Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed for a week and it was great. Clean, beautiful rooms. My husband, me and our 4 year old boy, all had the time of our lives. Lots of other families with kids. Breathtaking views, perfect beach just outside our door for surfing and for kids to swim in the waves. We cooked most of our meals in our kitchen, but also enjoyed some homecookin' at the cafe. Hubby rented a surfboard, and surfed every day, and our son learned how to surf also. We all made some great friends, and would recommend Zed's to anyone who wants a fun, relaxing, down-to-earth holiday. Thank you to Claudia, Zed, Moritsio, and the rest of the fantastic staff! We will return!

1 Thank Carolyn C