“up stairs only”
Review of Champers

Champers
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“up stairs only”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a place for good food this was my 5/6th visit.
The fish has been my choice and it is well cooked and a decent portion.
The setting is great, I have taken guests and they were really impressed, so overall a good rating.
HOWEVER, some times only downstairs is open, (this seems to take the edge of the offering)
So I would not and do not go unless I can get an upstairs window seat, the reason is, it is not CHEAP and you can get a good a meal and service for less else where, if its just an every day meal you require.
The serving staff are not as user friendly as other some other restaurants, but they are not offensive and tend to do the job they are paid to do, I.E serve the customers.
The bar service seems a little lacking in knowledge re certain drinks and the glasses to use, but soon corrected AND THIS IS DONE WITHOUT rolling eyes skywards and mutterings.
Of course some would say for the prices charged more training should be given.
Yes I shall go again subject to the caveats. (upstairs, window seat)

• Visited February 2014

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“One of four”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband insists on regular returns to Barbados for four main reasons in no specific order
The people, the rum, the beaches and the parmesan crusted barracuda at Champers. Enough said.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank emandkev19
Romford, United Kingdom
“One of, if not the best, on the island”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Great setting, very dramatic and you must book early to get a table by the sea. Superb menu with a great choice of options, those which we decided on were cooked and presented perfectly. An extensive wine list and a perfectly balanced service. This needs to be on your list of restaurants when you visit Barbados, all of our groups favourite this year.

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was my best meal in Barbados. We were there for a wedding and I was extremely impressed. They offered us great island drinks when we arrived and the food was incredible!!! We got to decide between 2 different soups for course 1. I had the pumpkin soup and it was delicious! Then for course 2 we chose between a number of appetizers. Course 3 was a sorbet to cleanse the pallet. Also delicious! Then course 4 was our mains. Some of us at the table couldn't make up our mind so we shared the beef, lamb, and barracuda. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW. I am a foodie and super critical of most food I eat. This was honestly some of the best of all three I have ever had in my whole life!!! I enjoyed ever bite and it was all cooked to perfection - something that is often hard to do for large wedding crowds.

If you were looking for a dinner spot - I would highly recommend this place!!

If you are looking for a wedding spot - yes yes yes and yes! This place rocked!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ILuv2Travel_Bri
Tampa, Florida
“You'll Want to Take Pictures to Remember”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The location, setting, atmosphere, quality of food, presentation of food and service were the best I've experienced in a long time. There is a level of thoughtfulness to everything that made this a great dining experience. I can't recall the last time I took pictures in a restaurant, but I took quite a few here.

Everything combined to create a relaxing, wonderful and memorable meal.

• Visited April 2014