“One of the Better Restaurants on the Island”
Review of Champers

Champers
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“One of the Better Restaurants on the Island”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Recently took a group of about 40 to dinner at Champers. Restaurant was very good to work with and put together a wonderful menu for our group. Offered 5 entrees. Starters, entrees and desserts were all above average. Wine list is good. Overall this is one of the few on the island that can handle a group. Also great for couples - romantic setting with great views. Definitely worth dining here one evening!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Chris L

Clifton Park, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second To None”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

During the last year my wife and I have dined at some of the finest restaurants in Grand Case, Maui and Aruba. Went to Champers on 1/14/14 and 1/17/14 and Champers is as good as any at an equal or lower price. Great food, excellent and friendly service and a beautiful setting. This restaurant is first class and worth a visit if you are looking for a memorable evening.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Frank B
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a delicious dinner last night at Champers. Service was impeccable, very friendly staff and delicious food....what more could you ask for. Worth every penny!,

Visited January 2014
1 Thank lulutulu
“WELL WORTH A VISIT”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

On my way to another restaurant for dinner, I asked the Taxi driver to pull-up outside Champers to see if I could make a booking. I was shown the books which were full to overflowing but managed to find a slot as we were very flexible and explained we had visited a number of times before and enjoyed it so much (I really should book up from England).
My girlfriend and I turned up early so that we could sit at the outside bar and have a couple of cocktails before dinner only to find that the bar had been knocked down and replaced with more tables (2 years since our last visit but they are obviously doing well).
We sat down in the small lounge area and asked our friendly waitress to wait a little while as we were early and fancied a couple drinks before dinner.
The food, wine, pre-dinner drinks, service and hospitality was superb from start to finish, even when it rained and we had to move a bit sharpish LOL

Our second visit was for lunch, the views are better during the day as you can see for miles.
The only thing I noticed was that a lot of the tables around us were not made up so it felt as if you were sitting in an empty restaurant after "lights out".
The restaurant was pretty quiet but the food, drink and service were still very good.
Keep up the good work Champers, maybe you could expand the plot to over the street and put in a nice bar & lounge area just for me Ha Ha.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Papajohnsmoan
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Me and my Wife went here on our last night. First I found it odd that Chardonnay was dearer than Chablis i'm not complaing tho. 2nd they advertise like a lot of Bajan restaurants of sea view but it get darks at 6pm every night so not much of a view. Other than that the food was nice I had the Pork that wasnt well seasoned but that might be just to my taste. My wife said her food was lovely.I left feeling full so that was good. Overall a nice romantic evening.

• Visited December 2013