“Great Sunday Outing”
Review of Barbados Polo Club

Barbados Polo Club
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a great Sunday Outing.Sometimes exciting Polo also if Foreign Team Visiting.or Local High Handicap Tournament on as Sunday is usually a Final. Of the series. Good afternoon Tea served with wide selection of freshly made sandwiches. Alcohol reasonably priced but you must purchase tickets before hand from cashier.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just back to the hotel after an excellent afternoon watching polo at Holder's; Apes Hill vs Mango Bay as an appetiser and then the continuing series of the battle of the sexes with the Virgin Atlantic sponsored ladies against the Evian sponsored men's team. A great sport to watch and a fantastic atmosphere with a friendly welcome from all. Good value when it comes to drinks and snacks too.

1  Thank Peter Y
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was my first polo match despite my life long horsiness, and I couldn't have done so in a more spectacular place. Beautiful horses, beautiful people, beautiful place. If you're heading to Barbados, whether you're a horse lover or not, you must take in a polo match - all I needed was Richard Gere's credit card!!

1  Thank heredades
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you've never been- go. I didn't, but after hearing my fellow traveler's review I wish I had.
Sunday afternoon is a good time.

2  Thank Dianne D
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went there not knowing what to expect as neither of us had ever seen a polo match either live or on TV. Anyway we learned polo is quite a relaxed sport to watch as the first match started 15 minutes late. All the seats at the facility are good and there is only room for a small number of spectators (by North American standards). There might have been a maximum of 100 spectators on the day we were there. There were 2 games played and each games lasted about 1 hour. A game consists of 4 chukkas (4 quarters for you football fans) and each one of those is 7 1/2 minutes long. There is a 5-10 minute break between each chukka to allow the players to change horses. There are 4 players on each side. There are refreshments and food available before, during and after the games. The cost was $20 Barbados per person and we felt it was a relaxing way to spend a couple of hours.

2  Thank SergeOttawa