“Beautiful, just beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles

60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Beautiful, just beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Long stretch of powder white sand and stunning blue sea lapping the shore. Not crowded and great for a walk, swim or just laze on a sunbed. Really super and you can walk to famous Sandy Lane if you have the inclination, they share the same stretch of beach with the rest of us.

1 Thank lorettaTwickenham

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“WARNING to all girls/ women”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Payne's Bay is a beautiful beach that I have spent many hours on, and I would definitely recommend that you give it a visit.
However, a wird of warning... today (08.12.13) I had a very unpleasant experience involving the local jet ski guys and the bar man from 'Coconutz,' a bar on the North end of the beach.
I walked into Coconutz to get a bottle of water and was met with a group of local males - whom I later found out were the jet ski guys - and the bar man. I asked for some water and, after telling me that, "you can wait, can't you see I am talking?" they proceeded to ask me if I wanted sex and laughed at and intimidated me. Then three of them surrounded me and tried to over charge me for my water. I left without buying anything feeling pretty shaken up.
When I am with my boyfriend they are as sweet as pie, but as soon as I am on my own I feel like a target, and someone who they do not respect.

Basically - if you are a girl on your own, be wary. If you are going into a bar cover up and do not indulge them in their sexual comments. And stay away from the jet ski guys, they are always trying to push their luck with tourist girls.

Visited December 2013
6 Thank jcads
Nederland, Colorado
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“Narrow beach with few access points”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Regarded as one of the nicest beaches on the west coast, we were disappointed. It apparently begins across the road from where we stayed, but it was so narrow that if you placed a beach towel there, you would surely get wet from a wave within minutes. We walked north along the beach one morning to the Treasure Beach hotel. The beach was narrow, with frequently encroaching waves. (There are a number of well-marked poisonous manchineel trees.) Where the beach was a bit wider, there was still minimal space to spend time because of the encroaching lounge chairs from the resorts. There were few public ways to get to the beach and no parking near any public access that we could find. We also visited the bay via catamaran one day to see the turtles, but the water was terribly cloudy (which is a bit unusual). Anyway, Payne’s Bay was a disappointment for us.

1 Thank nedtraveler
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience on a Hobie cat to see the turtles!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

After a brief trip a few days ago we ventured back to Paynes Bay to see the turtles. We went to the Yellow Fun water sports place just next to the Tamerind Hotel where Brian Packer (Captain) arranged a 2 hour trip on his Hobie Cat where we swam with turtles and snorkelled off a ship wreck. Really good value and Brian was a great captain, really friendly and chatty and provided us with some good local insight of the area. Thanks Brian for a good day.

Yellowfin and Brian aren't listed as a place hence the review under Paynes Bay.

Surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

the locals run for your sunbeds and cant do enough for you. Busy when the cruise ships are in but this still gives it a buzz

Visited October 2013