The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
$459
$399
Fairmont.com
$620
$450
The House by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$728
$146
  • Pool
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels(Paynes Bay)(Great Value!)
$404
Hotels.com
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$668
$570
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Pool
Beach View(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$220
$205
Hotels.com
Mango Bay All Inclusive(Holetown)(Great Value!)
$409
$395
  • Breakfast included
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$519
  • Breakfast included
1,981 results
All reviewssunset restaurantpiano barenids restaurantlow tidewater sportssea wallsandy lane beachrum barbreakfast and lunchmain bareither directionocean frontall inclusive resortturtle tripbuffet styleevening entertainmenta la carte
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The hotel is located about 30 minutes away from the airport. Our flight arrived at 10pm and it was easy to find an authorized taxi (blue plates). Make sure to state the price you're willing to pay upfront for the ride FROM the airport - we paid $25 US. We made the mistake of not negotiating a price going TO the airport when leaving that he asked for $40 US. Oh well. The hotel was nice enough to have a prepared plate of snacks waiting for us in the room. I was hoping to order room service but unfortunately in this All-Inclusive, food service is not open 24 hours. Neither was the bar…which opened at 10am. BTW….they're special drink was the Rum Punch which was not my personal favorite but my boyfriend enjoyed it with a shot of Malibu.

We started in a studio and was unexpectedly moved to a one bedroom (due to a rotting stairway) three days later. The 1 bedroom was definitely more updated: better plumbing, newer air conditioner, quieter ceiling fan. The rooms are not what you would find in a 5 star hotel. The bed is OK, the pillows were not great (I'm a pillow snob), it took a few tries to figure out the shower, the towels were thin and non-absorbent, and even the stupid toilet roll holder kept popping out. But we were in Barbados….85-87 degrees and sunny everyday….why would someone be insane enough to stay in their room! So out to the pool area…which is nice if you like to lay around all day. The plastic lounge chairs were not the most comfortable things and the ONE blue beach towel they give you doesn't even fit the length of the thing! Ugh. The nice thing was the fact that this was an Adults only resort which makes a big difference since there were no little kids running around, making noise, and splashing in the pool. Although I did spot some 16 year olds, which to me is still NOT an adult. But they came with their parents so I guess that's ok? Whatever…guess they're too old for Disney World. Anyways….the beach directly in front of this resort is non-existent. When it's low tide you get a bit of a beach. But at high tide the beach is gone. There are still chairs set up facing the beach which offered just the right amount of shade or light depending on the time of day. And the view from there was spectacular especially during the sunset. Gorgeous.

If you're like me and really wanted to lay on their white sand beach you can head south toward the luxurious Sandy Lane Resort beach…but then you'll look stupid with your Blue resort towel (haggardly looking, too) trying to lay next to their pink lounge chairs and umbrellas. So I chose to head north toward another secluded beach area. It looks like another hotel or resort is building there so it, too, will probably place their fancy chairs on the beach. Did you know all beaches in Barbados is open to the public? Cool, yes, but that means locals can come right up to you on your towel as you're lying there and ask if you want to buy some jewelry. Don't worry…they'll only ask you once that day and leave you alone until the next day. Just say NO and give them an evil eye. They'll get the message. BTW….I left my stuff by my beach towel and swam in the ocean with no fear of my stuff getting stolen. But then again I wasn't stupid enough to leave anything valuable in my bag just in case. Take advantage of the Non-motorized water sports included in the hotel package. We used their snorkels with fins (1 hour limit) several times. Great things to see by the corals! We also took a fishing trip (1 hour long). I was hoping to throw rods but all i did was hold onto a large spool of fishing line. Caught nothing but was able to see a lot of the famous Flying Fish. Other things they offered was a chance to go kayaking which I wish I tried.

Hotel food was great. Prefer the Breakfast and Lunch buffets - Breakfast choices: cereal, toast, fruits, bacon, corned beef, sausage, eggs, fish, or have Heather at the grill make you an omelette, pancake, or french toast. Lunch choices: wraps, pizza, pasta, salads, grilled fish, hamburger, hot dogs. Dinner choices: Enid's restaurant for some authentic Bajan Cuisine (went there twice) OR go back to the Sunset Grill for A La Carte dining. Dinner reservations are required for either restaurant. Try to reserve early in the morning so that the time you prefer is not taken!

Take advantage of other things the hotel has to offer like we did! There's a fitness center with two treadmills and an elliptical machine. The bike was out of order. They also have a set of weight machines. Geraldine does some morning walks in which she took us by the Sandy Lane Golf course and we were able to see some wild monkeys! Cool. We took Enid's cooking class and learned a little about Bajan culture and native dishes. We took the scenic tour of Barbados and traveled to and through the different parishes and coasts of Barbados. We enjoyed and danced to the rhythms of the nightly entertainers every night by the pool. And finally, we went to the piano bar 11pm-2am to sing along to popular tunes.

Staff members were great. I had wonderful stay. I just wish I didn't have to keep going back to the bar to refill my drinks…it would be nice if someone was willing to serve my lazy butt while I was "chilling out" or "liming" as the Bajans would say. At least it kept me sober.

Room Tip: I was in building 3 then 5, Garden View, third floor. Not bad if you don't mind walking up the stairs. More private balconies than on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Jade830
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Myself and friend have just returned from this amazing hotel, I shall never forget my stay of 2 weeks at the Club.
We had a ground floor room with ample space, beautiful patio, everything you need - beach towels, shampoo and lotions replaced every day as well as towels, fridge, tea etc.
The food is first class and try Enids which is the Bagen restaurant upper floor, its fantastic.....
I cannot fault this hotel in any way, the staff were friendly, the location is brilliant, the bus stops outside the hotel which takes you anywhere on the island for 2 bagen dollars each bus.....
If you are looking for a paradise holiday, go to the Club Barbados - I have started saving for my next one...

Room Tip: There are no lifts at this hotel so if you have walking difficulties request a ground floor like I did, they are very accomadating....enjoy
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank MaureenC20
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here in February/March this year and everything was first class. Location was very good. Sandy Lane 1 minutes walk one way and Holetown 15 minutes the other way. The food was delicious and all staff Sophia, Jade and all the waitresses first class. Cheryl at the beach bar was great and a good laugh. Yes it's a bit tired but has been taken over by the Elite Group who are gradually updating rooms, but this takes time. We had a large lounge with a balcony and separate bedroom which was always clean. We made so many friends and had lots of fun. Oistins is not to be missed, especially going on the Reggae bus. We definitely want to go back

Room Tip: We had room 336 and suited us fine. High floor which we asked for
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ParadiseIpswich
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I give this place a 3 out of 10, hence the title that people are crazy giving this place good reviews. The whole place is run down and basically a dump. The only reason they get a 3 is because it's better than NY in the winter and it's on the water. We left the resort every chance we got for a beach, which this place has none, decent food and people that are not 75 years old. The food was terrible, place was depressing, and no beach plus the rooms are about 30 years past their prime. That's all I have to say.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank bretter8853
GuestAmbassador01, Guest Relations Manager at The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Valued Guests,

Please know that we strongly disagree with this review. We do sincerely appreciate our guests’ feedback, even when pointing out ways in which we can improve; but we feel this review is inaccurate and unfair.

As you can see from our TripAdvisor reviews, the vast majority of our guests provide very positive comments, and we work very hard to ensure that all our guests enjoy a wonderful Caribbean holiday.

The Club is known for its excellent dining service, and its wide array of dining options. Whether it’s made to order omelets, fresh fruit, and tropical juices for breakfast…a relaxing seaside lunch…or a romantic dinner featuring both local and international favorites, we consistently receive very high marks for our dining and bar service.

Throughout the day, there are many more snack options between meals than simply sandwiches. Our afternoon snack menu includes fresh wraps, club sandwiches with crispy fries, soups, salads and of course any beverage you could wish for—everything from coffee and tea, to your favorite ice cold beer, wine, and cocktails.

The Club, Barbados is definitely not dated and boring. In fact, over the past year we have carried out extensive updating and improvements throughout the property. The restaurants and bars have be re-imagined, with new furniture, updated paint schemes, smartly tiled bar areas, accent lighting, and seating cushions with Caribbean flare and a hint of South Beach.

Likewise, new seating, furniture, and umbrellas have been installed throughout the pool deck, and the lobby has had a full makeover. We take exception to this guest’s comments about the look and style of The Club. We understand that everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion, but we also hope for fair and accurate comments, just as anyone would.

Most importantly, we sincerely care about our guests and their holiday experience. The Club is famous for its excellent staff, and for creating wonderful memories of an outstanding Caribbean holiday.

We read all of our guest reviews, and work diligently to make your stay with us a great one.

We hope to see you soon in Barbados.

We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay at The Club. The vast

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I spent a week at this place at the end of March with my adult kids and nephew (19/21/29 yrs old) and we all had a fantastic time and would go back like a shot. The location is brilliant, right next to two beautiful beaches with crystal clear water. The staff are amongst the friendliest I have ever encountered and each and every request or query was attended to immediately, efficiently and with a smile. We enjoyed the food and drinks. The pools were fine and never had a problem in finding sunbeds as some reviews seem to infer.
Where there was a problem (the room above suffered a burst pipe and flooded our bathroom) it was attended to immediately and we were moved to suitable alternative rooms and offered spa treatments or a champagne meal by way of compensation.
There are shops nearby as well as a small shop within the hotel and for those seeking nightlife, Holetown is a short distance away. There is so much to see and do in Barbados that we need to go back as one week wasn't enough but even so we went scuba diving, snorkelling, water skiing, horse riding, sight seeing and of course partying in Oistins. And if you really want to push the boat out, go to dinner at The Cliff. Fantastic! I would definitely recommend this hotel and their wonderful staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank J F M