My wife and I stayed at the Club for 9 nights in late October/early November. We had a wonderful time. We celebrated my wife's birthday during our stay, and the staff went out of their way to make my wife's day special. The restaurant manager wished her a happy birthday the day before, the day of, and the day after. Our table was decorated for both breakfast and dinner, and the kitchen staff saved off some desert that my wife liked from a dinner service just before her birthday to present it to her on her birthday as something special. I have a food allergy that I had informed the Club about before arriving, and the first time we went to dinner at the restaurant, as soon as the manager heard our name, she confirmed my allergy, asked our server to talk to the Chef and made sure during our entire stay that I knew if anything on offer contained anything that could be a problem for me. We found the servers to be very attentive and friendly, several of them going out of their way to make our meals great. On our last day, one of our favorite servers hugged us both goodbye and seemed as sad as we were that we were leaving that day.
I've read in several reviews that the pool was not cleaned, or that the pool grounds were not being cleaned, or that the birds were left to run loose. I don't know what they were referring to, we saw people cleaning the pools every day. We also thought the staff were doing a great job with the birds and the flies issue, it is a tropical island, there are birds, flies, bugs etc. The restaurant staff did their best to make it as small an issue as possible.
We stayed in an ocean view one bedroom suite on the third floor, which had just awe inspiring views. We spent several evenings in our sitting area looking out over the ocean sipping one of our favorite drinks from the bar. The stairs were a little annoying, but they let me work off some of the food and drink. The location of the beach bar between the restaurant and our room was unfortunate, for me, since I couldn't resist ordering a special drink just about every time I passed the bar. I am not a big drinker, but they were irresistible!
Everyone we dealt with was very friendly and helpful, but there were a few people I'd like to single out, some names I've forgotten, unfortunately. Gillian was extremely helpful to me both before arriving and during our stay, helping me plan my wife's birthday. Sherron and the rest of the spa staff were wonderful to my wife on her birthday. Amir was very helpful and a great tour guide. There were at least two servers, and one of the restaurant managers whose names I forget, that helped make our entire stay a wonderful experience, I wish I could include their names.
If you like turtles, the tour/activity swimming with the turtles that the Club offers is well worth the charge. We looked into taking a catamaran tour that included swimming with the turtles, and were glad we opted for going on the Club's turtle tour. Sign up early for it, it is one of the most popular tours they offer, we signed up on our first day at the Club, and had to wait almost a week. They only take 6 people on the turtle tour, so you get to swim and watch the turtles without the crowds, much better than the churning bunches that go on the catamarans.
Another bit of advice, attend the orientation session as soon as you can, you miss a lot if you don't go. They give you a great deal of information about activities, options, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, West Indies, Hotels.com, TravelUp and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish