I would agree pretty much with what has been said about this hotel but with a great hint of balance as a reflection. The staff were brilliant, helpful, polite and always coutreous. Yes the birds are a nuisance but my guess is that this will be the same every where on the Island. Yes the bathroom too needed a little updating and revamping but how long do you spend in the shower (and anyway don't you always shut the door when using the toilet?!!) The food was superb, the drinks liberal and all were included. Fresh iced water was available from the bars at any time during the day and unlimited coffee at any time. Magnificent beaches could be found on both sides of the hotel plus water sports and excursions from the helpful staff at the resort. The beach was interesting in front of the hotel, although dependent on the tide, then this beach was great for either snorkelling or swimming The turtles were amazing and the boat trip to them was fantastic - the guy got into the water with us and clearly enjoyed being with these magnificent creatures. Overall the helpfuness of every member of staff was exemplary. We have not stayed anywhere else on the Island so have nothing to compare the resort with but I would return tomorrow if I could.
On the last night we were fortunate enough to watch a turtle attempting to come ashore to lay her eggs - magical.
The journey into Bridgetown was easy using public transport and overall the Bajans are friendly and supportive, always willing to help. The Reggae buses are a must! All buses are 2 dollars per trip and worth every penny.
We had an oceaview room which I felt was almost compulsory (originallywe had booked a garden room but if you can afford the slighty higher cost - get an ocean view), the balcony is a optional extra).
The 3 pools at the resprt were clean and frequently checked. Overall first rate - thank you to everyone at the Club. The evening entertainment was variable from billiant to ok but the cocktails/rum punch/shorts all added to the fun.aThis was a good all inclusive and well budgetted holiday. Can't wait to to back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish