Thankyou to The Club Barbados for coming to our rescue after we had been dumped on your beautiful island by a negligent & incompetent company ( expedia) who failed to inform us that our original choice of hotel had closed down (April 2012) , many thanks to the taxi driver who after informing us of the situation took us to The Club Barbados. What a fantastic choice.
The essential essence of all holidays is relaxation & enjoyment, the ultimate test is would you return, the answer in our case is yes, yes and definetly yes.
The hotel has been recently taken over and refurbishment work is being carried out, but it does not get in the way of your holiday, we are not talking major building works, just some internal & external room refurbishments.
There is not a natural beach at this resort but if beaches are what you want a 400 yard walk in either direction from the resort beach bar will provide you with perfect carribean beaches, you never know you might stumble upon a turtle in getting to them.
The pools (3) are just the right size for the majority of swimmers ( if you have ambitions to be the next Michael Phelps you will need to go elsewhere), the sunbeds are comfortable but more parassols are needed.
The staff are excellent and the service they provide is always given with a smile, the range of the menu at each of the meals was hard to fault and I defy anybody to stay here a couple of weeks and not put on a few pounds.
There is a dress code for the evening but we are not talking suit and tie, just smart casual (no shorts).
A brilliant holiday and looking forward too the re-visit
Mr & Mrs May
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish