“Honeymoon rescued”

The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Saint James Parish
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Thankyou to The Club Barbados for coming to our rescue after we had been dumped on your beautiful island by a negligent & incompetent company ( expedia) who failed to inform us that our original choice of hotel had closed down (April 2012) , many thanks to the taxi driver who after informing us of the situation took us to The Club Barbados. What a fantastic choice.

The essential essence of all holidays is relaxation & enjoyment, the ultimate test is would you return, the answer in our case is yes, yes and definetly yes.

The hotel has been recently taken over and refurbishment work is being carried out, but it does not get in the way of your holiday, we are not talking major building works, just some internal & external room refurbishments.

There is not a natural beach at this resort but if beaches are what you want a 400 yard walk in either direction from the resort beach bar will provide you with perfect carribean beaches, you never know you might stumble upon a turtle in getting to them.

The pools (3) are just the right size for the majority of swimmers ( if you have ambitions to be the next Michael Phelps you will need to go elsewhere), the sunbeds are comfortable but more parassols are needed.

The staff are excellent and the service they provide is always given with a smile, the range of the menu at each of the meals was hard to fault and I defy anybody to stay here a couple of weeks and not put on a few pounds.

There is a dress code for the evening but we are not talking suit and tie, just smart casual (no shorts).

A brilliant holiday and looking forward too the re-visit

Mr & Mrs May

Room Tip: ground floor sea facing rooms have to much shrubbery around patio area.
9  Thank Geoff M

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Yes... I would like to share a beautiful experience with all your travellers. No it’s not a sexual experience. I am too shy for that. My girlfriend and I stayed at The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa, St James, Barbados for 7 nights, 24 Sept – 1 Oct coming back to the UK a few days ago. Here is my experience:

The hotel staff and service was the best on the island – friendly, polite and immaculate.

When we arrived we asked for a different room because we wanted to be on the top floor. The management obliged immediately – no hesitation. They confirmed an earlier email that I had sent.

The room we was given was more than adequate. It ticked all the right boxes. Not exciting but just right for a holiday. After all we weren’t planning to stay cooped up indoors.

They have a fantastic massage and spa treatment room. My girlfriend had 2 massage treatments which she states was the best money could buy, which is good because now I don’t have to do it for her (LOL).

The restaurant service was impeccable. The restaurant staff provided Hilton Hotel service.
The Best Holiday... by far (part 1of 4)

Room Tip: Email the hotel before and explain clearly where you would like to be situated. We asked for a room...
7  Thank Krys-Krystie
Reviewed October 3, 2012

After reading negative comments on here just before we went on holiday, I was panicking like mad! We had a ball, I had tears in my eyes when leaving, we had a amazing time. I have give a rate 3 for the rooms as dated, but it adds to the charm off the hotel, we had everything we needed, tv&wfi, the hotel just need a good lick off paint to make the presentation better. The food was amazing, Enids restaurant is scrummy, it was bang on, the drinks flowed but I do think they need a decent cocktail menu not that am a alcoholic. Was brilliant, staff really friendly and I felt safe. Would I go back, most definitely! Exellent value for money, well it was a bargain as food was excellent! They have a trip were u can swim with the giant turtles this is a must see! Hope I've not missed anything off, oh make sure u get a team together in the day to play volley ball, great fun, met some very very nice people x if have enough funds will be booking to go back for my birthday in April.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Diamond174
Reviewed October 2, 2012

just returned from holiday more stressed and looking forward to next years holiday somewhere else! this hotel is under going a revamp so holiday makers have to endure the ongoing work while trying to relax .. they do not like smokers very much unless you like to stand on the beach during a tropical storm!! the whole complex had peeling paint was tired and definitely in need of work. the management told us it would be different next year - cold comfort to us this year. We were told there were 30 containers in the docks with equipment - we considered moving there so we could have the amenities promised. only 4 sunshade umbrellas on the whole complex a balmy attitude to shorts refused some of the guys service at the bar in the evenings because they were sitting outside in shorts not in the restaurant area so no one could see what the problem was. rooms need new furniture and the sofa housed something my bug spray couldn't deal with, but they curtains were spotted with paint to match the decor so they had tried to co ordinate.

Room Tip: no tips on choosing a good room its pot luck!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lenandcelia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have just returned from our holiday, we loved the resort, the food and service were very good without being being too formal. In fact the friendliness and warmth of the hotel and ground teams was genuine and we were made to feel special. We were looked after when help was required and the staff and management really came to the fore. There are too many names to remember but our thanks to Lisa, Patricia, Carmella, Sophia, Ello(?) Eva and all the girls and boys on reception. If you have an opportunity to have a massage by Ernest, don't miss it - all aches and pains forgotten! Love to return.....

Room Tip: If you choose a ground floor we found that there were no facilities to dry out swimwear etc. A first...
1  Thank Penny P
Reviewed September 30, 2012

we went in may 2012 for our honeymoon the entertainment then wasnt that great sometimes it was only half full as it was being taken over but that we didnt have to fight over the sun beds at the resorts seafront and pool side which was brillant for me sandy lane you could get too in low tide which we did a couple of times and it was worth getting my feet wet to go and experience sandy lane you make a holiday by how you experience it beautiful setting and great guests and staff that were with us thanks all at almond beach making our stay so enjoyable we will def be back for our ten year anniversary

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colette p
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 06-15 September, and after reading the reviews before we went I was a little worried as they were not good! We were meant to be celebrating my husbands 50th and I wanted everything to be perfect. All I can say is a big thank you to all the staff at the hotel, especially Michael, the bar manager & Sophie, one of the restaurant managers. They went out of their way to make my husbands birthday special. Our room had been recently refurbished and was beautiful.They even laid on a 50th birthday breakfast for my husband that included champagne and a beautiful gift! The food was excellent. The chefs really do enjoy their jobs and it shows in the quality of the food. There are a lot of refurbishments going on and the staff are more than happy to tell you of the upgrades they are making to the resort. If you are looking for that personal touch then this is the hotel to visit. We cant wait to go back to see all the changes they are making completed.
10 out of 10 from us!!!!!

4  Thank posht
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish
Mango Bay All Inclusive
Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels

Been to The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!