“Ste's 40th x”

The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Saint James Parish
“Ste's 40th x”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

After reading negative comments on here just before we went on holiday, I was panicking like mad! We had a ball, I had tears in my eyes when leaving, we had a amazing time. I have give a rate 3 for the rooms as dated, but it adds to the charm off the hotel, we had everything we needed, tv&wfi, the hotel just need a good lick off paint to make the presentation better. The food was amazing, Enids restaurant is scrummy, it was bang on, the drinks flowed but I do think they need a decent cocktail menu not that am a alcoholic. Was brilliant, staff really friendly and I felt safe. Would I go back, most definitely! Exellent value for money, well it was a bargain as food was excellent! They have a trip were u can swim with the giant turtles this is a must see! Hope I've not missed anything off, oh make sure u get a team together in the day to play volley ball, great fun, met some very very nice people x if have enough funds will be booking to go back for my birthday in April.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Diamond174

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
folkestone
Reviewed October 2, 2012

just returned from holiday more stressed and looking forward to next years holiday somewhere else! this hotel is under going a revamp so holiday makers have to endure the ongoing work while trying to relax .. they do not like smokers very much unless you like to stand on the beach during a tropical storm!! the whole complex had peeling paint was tired and definitely in need of work. the management told us it would be different next year - cold comfort to us this year. We were told there were 30 containers in the docks with equipment - we considered moving there so we could have the amenities promised. only 4 sunshade umbrellas on the whole complex a balmy attitude to shorts refused some of the guys service at the bar in the evenings because they were sitting outside in shorts not in the restaurant area so no one could see what the problem was. rooms need new furniture and the sofa housed something my bug spray couldn't deal with, but they curtains were spotted with paint to match the decor so they had tried to co ordinate.

Room Tip: no tips on choosing a good room its pot luck!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lenandcelia
High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have just returned from our holiday, we loved the resort, the food and service were very good without being being too formal. In fact the friendliness and warmth of the hotel and ground teams was genuine and we were made to feel special. We were looked after when help was required and the staff and management really came to the fore. There are too many names to remember but our thanks to Lisa, Patricia, Carmella, Sophia, Ello(?) Eva and all the girls and boys on reception. If you have an opportunity to have a massage by Ernest, don't miss it - all aches and pains forgotten! Love to return.....

Room Tip: If you choose a ground floor we found that there were no facilities to dry out swimwear etc. A first...
1 Thank Penny P
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

we went in may 2012 for our honeymoon the entertainment then wasnt that great sometimes it was only half full as it was being taken over but that we didnt have to fight over the sun beds at the resorts seafront and pool side which was brillant for me sandy lane you could get too in low tide which we did a couple of times and it was worth getting my feet wet to go and experience sandy lane you make a holiday by how you experience it beautiful setting and great guests and staff that were with us thanks all at almond beach making our stay so enjoyable we will def be back for our ten year anniversary

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank colette p
Surrey
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 06-15 September, and after reading the reviews before we went I was a little worried as they were not good! We were meant to be celebrating my husbands 50th and I wanted everything to be perfect. All I can say is a big thank you to all the staff at the hotel, especially Michael, the bar manager & Sophie, one of the restaurant managers. They went out of their way to make my husbands birthday special. Our room had been recently refurbished and was beautiful.They even laid on a 50th birthday breakfast for my husband that included champagne and a beautiful gift! The food was excellent. The chefs really do enjoy their jobs and it shows in the quality of the food. There are a lot of refurbishments going on and the staff are more than happy to tell you of the upgrades they are making to the resort. If you are looking for that personal touch then this is the hotel to visit. We cant wait to go back to see all the changes they are making completed.
10 out of 10 from us!!!!!

4 Thank posht
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed 16 - 26 September.

For a special birthday, anniversary or any special occasion this is the hotel to stay! When I first heard that this hotel had been taken over by new management I was a little dubious, but my nerves were soon healed when I found how helpful the staff were.

I would like to thank Richard for sorting out the mosquitos when we first enterred the hotel bedroom. Mosquiitos always love me, but I certainly don't love them. After a few days I realised that I had to give up on the lovely coctails that seemed to attract the mosquitos. Don't worry there is a pharmacy acoss the road from the hotel where you can buy pirriton, repelant and antiseptic cream. The upside was I found that my favourite Therapist was there to make me feel better. You know what they say "what happens in Barbados stays in Barbados" and the mosquitos can fox trot oscar off.

Like all new businesses there is always room for improvement, but I am sure that the hotel will have changed significantly within a short amount of time. There was a certain amount of painting and decorating going on whilst my husband and I stayed in the hotel, and I think that even the workmen needed a break, we would often see them crossing the garden and I am sure it was to listen to some of the rock music that was playing from our mp3 and we certainly did not ambush them away from their duties!

Paulette, Sophia, Heather and all the other hard working ladies and gentlemen of the hotel certainly made my birthday and anniversary a special time to remember. The breakfast table was decorated with pretty flowers and even chilled the bottle of Bolinger Pinot Noir that I had bought over for the the occasion.

On my birthday my husband took me to a lovely restaurant in St James called Cin Cin and Paulette who works in Reception was happy to arrange a taxi to take us to the restaurant. The taxi driver was marvelous and was waiting for us when we left Cin Cin to bring us back to the hotel.

The hotel's A La Carte restaurant was marvelous and on our anniversary I had lobster and my husband had Surf and Turf. An extra $100 Barbadian dollars was paid for this treat, but believe me it was worth every penny, so the chef deserves a gold star. The food in the hotel is a good standard and believe me Heather makes the best pancakes I have ever tasted.

One thing to remember is that it does rain in Barbados, so it is a good idea to take waterproof clothing with you. If it rains on a Sunday the best thing to do is to go to church, but I am sure you would enjoy one of the wonderful services that are carried out in Barbados. On Sunday it seemed like a day of rest as we had a powercut that lasted for twelve hours and that meant that the spa was not even open! Congratulations to those who managed to organise the food without any electricity.

Kevin Warner you were so charming regarding my dancing and you and your staff made an old rock chic very happy, but I never did see you dance, oh well maybe next time and there is always a next time!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is sprayed with mosquito repelant and is not facing the direct sunlight.
2 Thank Carismystic
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed 17-24 sept ....renovation in progress but does not affect our stay ,,,food excellent staff so friendly and helpful ....all inc excellent ....the service in the evenings was poor not because of the staff just not enough of them waited up to 20 mins to get a drink even water ! the staff were running all over the place trying to please all and sundry just not fair on them but it messed up the start of our evenings ....imprfoved on the last night ......no hot water for showers every evening it had all been used ....not the best beach but still had a good swim and snorkel ....at times a bit hard to access the sea if waves rough ...most of the beach vendors fine but 2 aloe vera sellers very annoying intimidating someone was even asked to go to the bank to getg money !!!! did question why have security if they do nothing ....but a ll in all a good week

1 Thank stephenhelden
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish
Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels

Been to The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!