We just returned from one week in Barbados. We had reserved an ocean view suite at the Coral Lane Beach Apartments. We booked through their website. The place (photos) looked very nice online. We were looking forward to our stay here. We arrived late in the evening and we were met by the manager of the property. He brought us up to our room. We were immediately disappointed with our accomodations. Room was small. Not even an alarm clock in the room. Bathroom was very small, the toilet didn't work and after a 6 hour flight we would have loved a hot water shower (even a warm shower would have been fine), except we didn't have any warm/hot water. We let them know about the water problem and when we returned from our tour the next afternoon we did have hot water, but again the next morning we had to take cold showers. At this point we decided to find other accomodations. Another big concern we had was that you need a key to unlock the door from inside in order to exit the building - fire hazard. This door was always locked. Property did not seem very safe. We carried all our camera equipment and all valuables everytime we left the property. No security boxes in the rooms. Rates were reasonable I guess. Next time, I'll be sure to pay a little extra but at least I'll feel like I'm on a real VACATION!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coral Lane Beach Apartments is just 40 metres from the lovely, meandering Paynes Bay beachfront in the internationally acclaimed West Coast tourist area. Our guests simply cross the street onto the shore where they can immediately bathe in the breathtaking Caribbean Sea. They can amble for miles along curving white sands, beside the tranquil waters of Paynes Bay, Sandy Lane Bay, Sunset Crest, past Holetown & beyond. These waters are perfectly suited for dipping, swimming, lounging on floating gear & snorkelling at almost any place along the way. After this, you will begin to understand why the West Coast of Barbados is world-renowned as an up market tourism destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coral Lane Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Lane Beach Apartments Hotel Saint James
- Coral Lane Beach Apartments Barbados/Saint James Parish