My wife and I have just returned from The House having spent five nights booked through Virgin Holidays to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It was simply perfect in every respect and we could not have wished for better. From the staff to our 3rd floor ocean view suite (room 363) to the relaxing atmosphere, we returned to London feeling like we'd been on another plant. I enjoyed using the water sports located next door at the Tamarind and very much appreciated the House sending us for dinner at Tides and especially the Cliff. Daphne's, which is next door, is also excellent. The staff would supply endless cold bottles of water and drinks to us while lying either on the beach or by the pool. During the afternoon, they'd provide sorbet or ice cream as well as cold towels.
We would have no hesitation in recommending The House and we aim to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The House experience begins when guests enter along an enchanting private driveway, with lily ponds and walls of blossoming bougainvillea, which capture the essence of tranquillity and the promise of pure indulgence ahead. Through the hotel's wooden doors guests are treated to a stunning and unobstructed view of its white sandy beach and the ocean ahead. The open plan lobby is designed to capture the relaxed and inviting charm of the island - one that is sophisticated, yet informal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The House by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The House Hotel Saint James
- The House Saint James
- The House Barbados
- Saint James The House
- House Barbados
- The House By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish