We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The latest reviews. The lowest prices. The perfect place to shop for hotels.

“Different” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scarlet

Scarlet
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarlet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence
Price range: $40 - $65
Cuisines: Caribbean, International, Contemporary
More restaurant details
Restaurant details
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 reviews
8 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Scatlet is right outside The House handy if you want something to eat without having to go into Holetown. Don't judge a book by its cover as from the outside its nothing to indicate its a restaurant, but step inside and you will be surprised. The food was well presented and well cooked. worth a visit and we would go again.

Visited March 2014
Helpful?
1 Thank JAH1020
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a Review

518 reviews from our community

Visitor rating
    295
    168
    41
    11
    3
Rating summary
    Food
    Service
    Value
    Atmosphere
Date | Rating
  • Danish first
  • English first
  • Finnish first
  • German first
  • Spanish first
  • Any
English first
London
Level Contributor
74 reviews
45 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great watering hole”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We were only here for after dinner drinks, though my wife buckled and had some of the seared tuna starter, which she loved. Cocktails were 90% original, never before seen by me. Try the Scarlet Rocks. The remaining 10% were significant twists on existing classics, though the very friendly and knowledgeable mixologists could make anything you wanted. Fair prices too, for Barbados. You have to know where you're going, as the windows are shuttered and you can't see in through the front door. Feels a bit like you might be about to shove your way into a private residence...

  • Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Value
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Service
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Food
Helpful?
Thank James H
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Berkshire
Level Contributor
18 reviews
14 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Convenient for The House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Quirky little place, fun decor. Decent food not too fancy. Laid back service like most of the island! No windows which may put some people off.

Visited November 2013
Helpful?
Thank GBBerks
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Cliffside Park, New Jersey, United States
Level Contributor
15 reviews
6 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“New York Feel in the Caribbean!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great local bar. Upscale with fantastic cocktails. The atmosphere is chill and classic with a New York City feel inside. Step outside and your just a short road across from the ocean.

Try the Flirtini!

  • Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Value
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Service
Helpful?
Thank Leslie K
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
West Hollywood, California
Level Contributor
8 reviews
3 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem with Local Flair”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Looking for a small, intimate space that feels like somewhere only the locals go? That's Scarlet. A fantastic menu with hand crafted cocktails that shouldn't be missed. **If you like burgers, theirs is to die for.

Visited June 2014
Helpful?
Thank NYtrvlgrl
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Scarlet also viewed

Saint James Parish, Barbados
Saint James Parish, Barbados
 
Saint James Parish, Barbados
Holetown, Saint James Parish
 

Been to Scarlet? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing