We have just returned from the most relaxing holiday we have had in a long time!
The best thing about the Angler Apartments is the stunning beach nearby. I would say that 90% of the time, we were the only 2 people on it. We would see a few others come and go, but most headed back to their sun-loungers right outside their hotels, after a brief look-in at our quiet beach.
We are keen swimmers and found this ideal as far as snorkelling or just floating in the swells. We saw small eels, interesting and colourful fish, tiny sea snakes, a plaice and a small octopus spilling out of it's hole. Every day in the water was a new adventure for us. The water was crystal clear and made for a superb view every day. The sun sets on this side of the island, so most nights we were blessed with a beautiful sky.
Our accommodation was perfect for our requirements. We were able to cook meals and enjoy them out on the little verandah while listening to the choir of frogs in the evening. Unfortunately Chandra was away due to urgent family matters, but we were well-looked after by Charlie and Betty and of course her friendly dogs came to visit us too. They are beautiful and made the place feel more like home.
The local buses are very regular and we preferred to go into Holetown to get our groceries as it's a one-stop town for anything else we needed e.g. the bank.
I imagine that fussy or high maintenance travellers may not find this ideal, but expectations should be set by the 2 star rating. I would even go as far as to say it is a 3 star in my eyes.
If I went back to Barbados, this is most certainly where I would stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angler Apartments offers a home away from home vacation. A small intimate, cozy, unpretentious hideaway surrounded by lawns, tropical fruit trees, gardens of palms, tropical shrubs, haliconias, orchids and flowering plants. The atmosphere and feeling one gets whilst staying here is one of calm, spiritual and totally relaxing.Most of our guest find this very appealing.Our accommodation are budget but we have a private access to the most wonderful beach on the West Coast 90 meters walk from the units. Our restaurant offers Caribbean, vegetarian and Indian cuisine home cooked to individual preferences.Ideal location- a walk to the bus stop, 3.5 km to 3 shopping centres and malls, many restaurants and a 24 hour medical centre. Bridgetown, the Cap[ital is 6 km away and Sandy Lane is 5 minutes away.Angler appeal to families, singles, artist, writers, students, sports and those wishing to avoid impersonal restorts, but to those who love dogs, birds and an informal atmosphere with personalize service and superb hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angler Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angler Apartments Hotel Saint James
- Angler Apartments Barbados/Saint James Parish