We stayed at the Treasure Beach from the 2nd to 16th May 2010 and I can honestly say that it was perfect in every way. The staff, from the management to the pool/ground staff, are friendly and attentive. The suites have a lounge area with patio/balcony attached and a small kitchen area with kettle and fresh supplies for making tea/coffee and a fridge. The bedroom is large and air conditioned with twin or double bed (ours was 2 singles pushed together but still very comfortable), wardrobe with plenty of hangers, drawers, dressing table, stool and chair. The bathroom has twin sinks, separate shower and bath, toilet and shaver socket. Hairdryer, clock radio, TV and mosquito killer are included in the bedroom.
The hotel is built of lovely coral stone and exudes class. It is quiet with a single pool and only allows children at certain times of the year so is pretty peaceful. You do get the odd beach vendor walking by selling everything from fresh pineapple to jewellery but they don't hassle you and are quite happy to stop for a chat without you having to buy.
The restaurant is lovely with a superb chef Kirk, who is really keen and regularly tells the guests what he has managed to buy at the market and what he plans for the nights menu. I really couldn't fault his food or enthusiasm. We had delicious baby lobster one night which was "to die for". And my husband said that the coconut creme brulee was the best he's ever tasted.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the breakfast every day was lovely with fresh fruit, cereals, cooked breakfast and made to order pancakes/poached eggs/omelettes, etc. There were fruit kebabs on the beach and ice cold towels at 11 am every day and the staff were only too happy to bring you drinks either on the beach or by the pool. All in all a perfect, relaxing holiday in probably the best location in Barbados.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Beach Hotel & Spa represents one the finest and most popular hotels in Barbados. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this 35-room all suite charming boutique hotel. With the beautiful Caribbean Sea as your backdrop. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens. The resort's sumptuous suites form a horseshoe shape around the fresh water pool. The newly modernized hotel rooms are cool and airy and contemporary in design. The new Deluxe suites include private plunge pools that overlook the inviting Caribbean Sea. Delicious offerings are available in Kathy's Restaurant; enjoy fresh local ingredients as you dine under the stars in this award winning eatery. Our new Spa Suite is very popular with guests where you relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Treasure Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach Saint James
- Treasure Beach Barbados/Saint James Parish