Stayed for nine days on a bed and breakfast basis. Extremely pleased with our choice. The hotel is in a fantastic location on Payne's Bay - a great bit of beach with a small reef nearby - recommend borrowing a snorkel from the hotel and watching the fish!
Beach amenities include plenty of sunbeds with shade provided by a huge old Mahogany tree or parasols if required. The pool is clean and a good escape from saltwater.
Although we were using the hotel as a base as opposed to an all encompassing 'resort' I am surprised by other reviews which suggest the staff are unattentive - everywhere we found the staff to be polite, quick and of a singularly sunny dispostion. Happily dealt with last minute car hire and restaurant bookings.
We had a pool view room which was well appointed - big bedroom and bathroom along with a separate (non air-conditioned) living room and balcony.
Food is good without being amazing - we tended to eat at restaurants along the West Coast each night (and can recommend Lone Star, Fishpot and Daphne's). Breakfast was pretty good - buffet style with decent omelette station.
I imagine they get a lot or repeat business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Beach Hotel & Spa represents one the finest and most popular hotels in Barbados. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this 35-room all suite charming boutique hotel. With the beautiful Caribbean Sea as your backdrop. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens. The resort's sumptuous suites form a horseshoe shape around the fresh water pool. The newly modernized hotel rooms are cool and airy and contemporary in design. The new Deluxe suites include private plunge pools that overlook the inviting Caribbean Sea. Delicious offerings are available in Kathy's Restaurant; enjoy fresh local ingredients as you dine under the stars in this award winning eatery. Our new Spa Suite is very popular with guests where you relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Treasure Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach Saint James
- Treasure Beach Barbados/Saint James Parish