The sea turtles are a highlight of our trips to Barbados. They swim just a quick swim from Treasure Beach, and you can almost set your watch for when they’ll be there. They laze around, nibbling fish handouts, gliding beneath you.
They’re a dependable highlight, just like Treasure Beach. We’ve been visiting for several years and even though we’ve looked at other places to stay, none of them provide the combination of location, friendliness, comfortable rooms, and food the way Treasure Beach does.
We use it as a base for exploring the island – we rent a jeep and cut north, south and across the island, through the miles of sugar cane to the rugged north and east coasts, or to the more populated south coast and Bridgetown, lively on Saturday shopping days. There’s a lot of satisfaction when we pull back into TB’s parking lot, pass through the breezy entry way, order a cool drink and say, “Ahhhhh….”
The Manager’s Welcome Party is something we always look forward to. Jason Patterson is as warm as ever and he and the rest of the TB staff see to our every need without ever seeming intrusive. The other TB guests become people with names and stories – not just familiar faces at meals – and we’ve made some great friends. They’re well-traveled and can stay wherever they wish (and they have, including TB’s large next door neighbor). Year after year, they come back to Treasure Beach.
We continue to try different restaurants around the island, but keep coming back with “It’s really better at Treasure Beach…” It’s the same with the beaches. The swimming’s better just 50 feet away.
And there are these turtles….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Beach Hotel & Spa represents one the finest and most popular hotels in Barbados. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this 35-room all suite charming boutique hotel. With the beautiful Caribbean Sea as your backdrop. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens. The resort's sumptuous suites form a horseshoe shape around the fresh water pool. The newly modernized hotel rooms are cool and airy and contemporary in design. The new Deluxe suites include private plunge pools that overlook the inviting Caribbean Sea. Delicious offerings are available in Kathy's Restaurant; enjoy fresh local ingredients as you dine under the stars in this award winning eatery. Our new Spa Suite is very popular with guests where you relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Treasure Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach Saint James
- Treasure Beach Barbados/Saint James Parish