After a one year hiatus, we arrived late to Treasure Beach Hotel, 28 June, for our honeymoon! Treasure Beach did not disappoint! Though our flight was delayed several times out of Miami, Tariq was waiting at the airport for a quick ride across the island. As requested prior to arrival, there were cold Banks beers and delicious sandwiches waiting in our refrigerator! We woke after a restful night to an abundant breakfast. After a relaxing day on the beach, we feasted on fresh seafood with the locals at Oisten’s. After just two nights, we regrettably left this hotel for a week at Petit St. Vincent Resort.
This is a review of Treasure Beach Hotel and not a review of Petit St. Vincent, so we will not include details of that resort. However, we will say that PSV is billed as an “exclusive, private island”. Bottom line – in every single category, Treasure Beach meets, or in most cases – EXCEEDS PSV!
We returned to Treasure Beach for another two nights on the backend of our honeymoon on Saturday, 7 July. We took the earliest flight back from Union Island to increase our time at Treasure Beach. Once again, we were met at the airport by our new friend, Tariq.
Back at Treasure Beach, we were looking forward to checking in, once again to a lovely garden room. Imagine our surprise when they upgraded us to the Hibiscus Suite. The Hibiscus is a large 3-room suite with a walk-in closet, private patio with a retractable awning and private pool on the beachfront. It has a stunning décor, with a large bathroom equipped with a soaker tub and separate shower, oversized towels, and boutique spa products. After the two best flying fish cutters (sandwiches) and cold Banks beers, we spent the remainder of the afternoon enjoying our luxury suite.
The only thing that could pull us away from this suite, was our next favorite thing at this resort – Kathy’s Restaurant! Our compliments to the chef! Both nights before we returned to the States, we enjoyed multi-course dinners at the resort’s dining room. The menu offered a variety of options for local seafood, beef, chicken, and vegetarian dishes. We never ordered a single dish at ANY meal that disappointed! We highly recommend the flying fish cutter with Bajan hot sauce and the grilled flying fish on the breakfast menu.
The wine list at Treasure Beach offered many international options for wine, as well as champagne. We enjoyed the last night of our honeymoon at Treasure Beach with a lovely bottle of champagne watching the sun set from the private pool in the Hibiscus Suite before dinner!
We introduced ourselves to the islands of the Caribbean through Eastern, Western, and Southern cruises. Barbados captured our hearts like no other island. Barbados has beautiful topography, historic architectures, diverse backgrounds, and industrial prosperity. Crime is low and the island is manicured, safe, and friendly. The people of Barbados are proud of their cultural heritage!
We are discerning travelers and take a major vacation every year. With some discretion, we are working through destinations documented in the book, 1000 Places to See Before You Die. This is our 4th trip to Barbados and our 3rd directly to the Treasure Beach Hotel! We have stayed in all room categories. We can safely say there is no bad room in the resort. Whether you overlook the tropical gardens, the pool, or ocean from your private suite, you’ll sleep well and relax from all worries.
Saving the best for last, we’ll mention the staff. In our opinion, the staff can make or break a resort. We like a “personal” experience where the staff learns our names, our preferences, and our drink order before we ever speak a word. The staff at Treasure Beach Hotel really delivers! Most of the staff have been there for more than 10 years! That speaks volumes. The staff is led by a world-class manager. Jason ?????? personally welcomes each and every guest. He goes to extreme lengths to ensure that all guest needs are met, delivering a personalized experience for each person. Kevin, Vernon, Johnson, Jason, Helen, and all the others deliver just the right amount of attention, making you feel special, while keeping their distance to ensure an intimate experience. The staff at Treasure Beach gets it right!
We absolutely love this hotel, for all the right reasons, and will continue to return year after year. The staff, grounds, and beach bless us every time we visit. We’re glad that we could share such a lovely place and experience in this forum. We’ve posted our pictures. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can provide any further information regarding our favorite place on earth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Beach Hotel & Spa represents one the finest and most popular hotels in Barbados. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this 35-room all suite charming boutique hotel. With the beautiful Caribbean Sea as your backdrop. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens. The resort's sumptuous suites form a horseshoe shape around the fresh water pool. The newly modernized hotel rooms are cool and airy and contemporary in design. The new Deluxe suites include private plunge pools that overlook the inviting Caribbean Sea. Delicious offerings are available in Kathy's Restaurant; enjoy fresh local ingredients as you dine under the stars in this award winning eatery. Our new Spa Suite is very popular with guests where you relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Treasure Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach Saint James
- Treasure Beach Barbados/Saint James Parish